33

I've been gone for forever.

Hey, hello, welcome!

I promised I'd finish this story, and I will.

So here's the ABSOLUTE SHORTEST chapter I could possibly come back with.

I love you all lots and your support meant so so so much! I wouldn't say I'm in much better a place, but I'm now completed with school for the summer and have a month off before my next school year.

So enjoy the SHORT ASS chapter. And I promise to update much faster with a longer chapter.

-

Ariel's POV

I watch as my pack members work hard. Sharpening skills I had broken into them. I smile as many have improved in the time I have been training them. Even mom came to visit and was surprised by the change she saw in the wolves.

Parker and Justin were the same gays as always. But they were hard working despite their antics and Parker- the man was trying.

"Ariel, we have a lead," comes the voice of one of the smartest wolves I've ever met. Amanda had a brain to her that stunned most people. When her link was open and shared, it was like delving into a fantasy world. The things she understood, the problems she could work out. If this girl ever went rogue, I'd be scared. She's got one of the most superior intellects I've ever been faced with. It can be pretty scary...

"I think trackers know where he's hiding," she shows me a marked up map and points to an area. "Raphael has been previously informed... he asked to take up my plan with you first. He likes it."

"I'm sure whatever you've thought up, it'll work." I snort.

"I wouldn't be so sure, the man we're up against certainly has some brains too. He'll see us coming, he'll know we're coming. We know there's a snitch in our pack so we have to be careful."

I nod and she explains the infiltration plan to me. As expected, it's brilliant. So well thought out and using everyone's strengths to our advantage.

"Thank you Amanda," I smile before heading home to Raphael. We have a solid plan now. A location on where the guy is too... now we just have to put everything together. All the training we've done... everything adds up to this moment. To take out the man ruining our lives.

In some ways, this feels wrong. It's like ending my life. My life seemed to start when I met Raphael and this alpha has been a part of that this whole time. Ending him is ending... well half of what I am. Half of what I've lived with... Something about it all just doesn't sit. Ending something so painful seems amazing but... it was such a big part of me.

That pain made me stronger. But it also made me weaker. My mental wellness fell with the strain put on it from all this time. But my physical strength grew to something most wolves would cower at. A strength incomparable. I knew I could take on my father, my brother, Darcy and her mate, and win. Feeling the pain of your mate and being unable to do nothing is pain unlike any other. Physically I am strong. Mentally I am weak.

My mental state has me jumping at every move. Worried what awaits at every corner. Anxious for everything to come. Too scared to be alone.

My body would never fail me, but my mind fails my body.

A battle that I'm unsure if I'll ever win.

"Hey, let's sleep," Raphie says gently, walking in with Milo in his hands. Of course, he knows how I feel. And I know how he feels. Quite similar in fact.

I sigh. "In a few days. We head out. We destroy..."

"We destroy a man who wound his way into our lives."

"For better and for worse."

"That sounds like a wedding vow."

I smile at his comment. Our relationship became something that we could not leave each other with. Something most mates sought after. We were so close now that we understood every expression and every movement of the other. Perfect harmony.

And we were about the kill off the only thing that interfered with our happiness.

All in a few days... Just a few days.