3

Not sure if I'm happy with this. I want Raphael to be a rude alpha but I want him to show some acts of kindness towards his mate. Ugh. Idk if this is good. I wasn't going to post it and rewrite it a second time, but ah well, you guys can help?

-

Ariels POV

I file into the meeting room with my friends. We split up to our own families, Aubrey pulling me with him. We sit beside mom and dad.

The way we sat showed each packs power. Dad's used to be the biggest in the US, now we're second biggest. The biggest in the USA... Well... That alpha just happens to have to sit beside me.

That alpha happens to be alone.

That alpha happens to be the one I ran into.

He's not even that old!

I turn my gaze to Aubrey who's sitting beside me. He raises an eyebrow and I use the family link.

'Aubrey, I bumped into him earlier, I don't think he likes me. Now I have to sit beside him! This is humiliating!' And he smells and looks too good not to drool over like a lot of the girls already are.

'You are an idiot. That's Alpha Raphael. His parents died when he was seven, no one knows how though. But he made his pack the strongest and biggest as fast as he could and as soon as he could.' Aubrey replies. 'He's bad news.'

I swallow nervously, there's chatter all around the room, even mom who hates these things is talking. Though this Raphael alpha guy is silent and I'm—me. Me for goodness sake! I'm silent.

Finally I can't take it anymore. June is sitting across from me, on the Canadian packs side.

"June-Bug," I mouth. "S-O-S! Save me." I don't speak anything I just mouth it and send her facial expression.

She just raises an eyebrow in return. My wolf stirs again and I jump a little in surprise since she does so violently in my mind. I rub my temples and Aubrey looks over nervously.

'It's my wolf.' I link him.

'Everyone's wolves are different.' I remember grandma telling me. 'Some hurt, some heal, some are always there, others aren't. But no matter what, it's for your own benefit because they know what's best for you.'

'Can you make it through the meeting?' Aubrey asks nervously as Jace calls the meeting to a start.

'I think so...' I reply.

I can feel Raphael's gaze on me as I mouth things to June during the meeting. She kept saying he's staring, or at least, communicating with me in our own way. Facial expressions and mouthing the words.

June-Bug helps distract myself from the pain of my wolf. The meeting comes to an end and I stay in my seat to avoid the crowd leaving. Sadly, Raphael does too. Though the pain seems to fade, finally. Dumb wolf calmed down.

Finally I let myself look at him, the room quiets as only a few people are left. Including June-Bug and her mate. My family, and a few other stragglers.

"What is your name?" He asks slowly.

"A-Ariel." I manage to get out, stop stuttering you idiot! He's gonna think you're one of those girls. The ones who hide behind a book all day, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that that isn't me.

He reaches out and despite his obvious strength, he's quite gentle. Just barely touching my chin as he raises it a little. His touch sends annoying, yet pleasurable, tingles.