20

Y'all are gonna love me. Happy holidays!

-

Ariels POV

I watch Raphie sleep, waking up before him. It's not unusual for me to wake up earlier but recently he's been leaving for pack matters earlier than I wake up. I stretch and head downstairs.

Today I'll have to check on Brianne, see how Parker and Justin are holding up. And Raphie and I can go look for a dog today! That's exciting. I look around for something to eat and end up settling with cereal.

Raphie hasn't got anyone new to make us meals. I think he's scared to after what happened last time. He could always get a guy to cook, my opinion, men are better cooks. I eat my cereal happily though, I do enjoy it.

Raphie comes down a little while later. "Morning."

"Morning." I nod. I watch as he gets himself an apple and washes it. I walk over and hug him from behind, kissing his bare back. He chuckles in response though he pries me off. Raphie holds my wrists turning to face me.

"You seem to be in a better mood."

I nod in response and smile. "We have to check on Brianne."

"Actually, you'll have to go on your own. I have to wait for your brother to arrive."

Right... I completely forgot he was coming. I don't want to see him. He basically left me. Him and... and all of them! I clench my hands into fists. Moms the only one who still cares. I'll just ignore him while he's over, like he's been ignoring me. It's all because of his stupid mate.

"Parkers here, I'll be heading out in a second. I'll see you later princess." He kisses my forehead before heading upstairs to get dressed and then leaving.

"Parker?" I question when I see him. His hair is in a braid... it makes me hold back giggles.

"Brianne..." Parker mutters.

"Hey, I wanted to go check on her. Can we?" I ask, walking over and picking up the braid. "I like it." I laugh.

"Do I look like a pretty princess?" He asks, pulling a pose.

"Oh, of course." I smile. "Now come on." I take his hand and pull him out with me.

We walk to the pack house together where Justin and Bri are sitting in the common room. I sit next to Bri and smile. She looks better already, she's got some colour to her face. I bet she feels better now too.

"Hi," she smiles.

"Hello darling, how's life with Justin?"

"It's... good."

I laugh. "It's okay if you hate it. But at least you don't have Parker, he's a handful. It's more like I'm guarding him than the other way around."

Brianne giggles at that. Parker hits me and I give him a look in return. I lean back on the couch and close my eyes. Relaxing is nice, wish I was this chill all the time. Ha, could you imagine Ariel...

I stand up and brush off the imaginary dirt. I think I want to... well, I want to go pick out a dog. But Raphie wants to wait for Aubrey... I take a deep breath, you'll face him fine. I know you'll be fine. Besides, moms coming and you miss mom. I always miss mom...

"I'm going to see Raphie." I tell Parker. "I'll see myself over. You three have fun today." I smile and head to Raphael's work.

I get to the building and I notice the cars already there... Cars from my old pack. I take a few breaths. In and out, in and out, in and- you're gonna break down and cry aren't you. I walk in and to Raphie's office.