9

2660 words, I'm back in business my mythical people's. By the way, I'm entering Alpha Raphael in the Wattys2016 same with My Little Mate, I'll really appreciate your support! xoxo enjoy the chapter!

-

Ariels POV

"Ow, ow, ow," I repeat. I was going to make dinner since Raphie was running late. And I told him I'd make it. But Parker made me fall down the stairs as I was going to the kitchen.

"Oh gosh, Ariel I'm really sorry!" Parker exclaims. "Oh... Oh that's bad... Um..." I can tell he's linking someone by the way his eyes glaze over.

I lay on the stairs awkwardly from falling, not intent on moving. My wrist just pumps with pain and I groan. "Ow..." I whine.

Parkers childish side fades and he gets real protective like. "We're going to the pack Doctor, he'll fix you up." I don't trust a pack doctor. Of any sort. Simply because of what happened to mom.

Raphael is already waiting for us when we get there. I hadn't dared look at my wrist yet, for fear of it looking really bad. And, I was arguing with Parker the whole way there about being able to walk.

He only puts me down after we get there, where Raphie takes his place and picks me up.

"What happened?" He growls, squishing me to his chest.

"It's just my wrist Raphie, I'm okay." I sigh frustratedly.

"She hasn't looked at it yet." Parker mumbles in some sort of explanation.

"What happened?" He asks again.

"I was running down the stairs, and then Parker was suddenly there and when I tried to stop, I slipped." I reply embarrassedly, my cheeks going red. Werewolves are supposed to have good senses, that includes balance.

"Of course you did." He murmurs more to himself. I stick my tongue out at him in return. He must think I'm really, really clumsy now, and I am not clumsy.

He goes into a room where this girl examines my wrist, which I refuse to watch, still scared of what I might see. My face pressed against Raphie's chest. Then this pain shoots up my arm and I yelp, looking over. I realize the woman set the bone.

"Ow..." My voice cracks as I say it and I hold my arm completely still.

"I'm going to give you a cast for a sprain." She says simply. Of course, werewolves hardly needed casts, when we broke something, it healed pretty quick. This kind of break should be healed... Day after tomorrow? Apparently mom broke her leg once and it was really bad because her human body was pretty weak still, but she even healed quickly.

The pack doctor I'm assuming, put it on my wrist gently before giving me painkillers. "If the pain gets worse, come straight back to me. It should be healed in three days."

I nod a little. Raphael hadn't let go of me, which is really weird. Instead, he picks me back up and walks out.

"Raphie, if you keep carrying me everywhere I won't get any exercise and then I'll become fat and then you won't be able to carry me at all," I whine.

He doesn't reply, he just keeps walking. I groan but smile when I notice Parker joins us.

"I'm sorry Ariel, can I make it up to you with some kind of treat tomorrow?" Parker asks, he looks really upset and I frown.

"It wasn't really your fault Parker." I say softly.

"But it was. And I feel bad." Parker sighs.