34

So hey, I know you guys aren't too happy with me considering it's taken me a tad long while (haha) since I last updated. But I promised an end to the story and so here I am. I never planned on leaving the story unfinished.

Thank you so much for all your continued support. It means the world to me to get your kind messages and love throughout the process. There is a possible book to follow this one, based on the character you meet at the end of this chapter. Do tell me if you would like a story on it, I'll do my best to get back into writing. But again, all of your love and support as been amazing. I truly love coming on and seeing it.

I have been adulting, yes adulting. And my gosh, I long to go back to the gr6 days when I started on Wattpad-well, I don't wish for my writing to backtrack that much. I like to think I've greatly improved in the seven years since I started.  

But, without further ado, here is the last chapter of Alpha Raphael.

---

Ariel's POV

My breath comes out slow and smooth as I slip a hair tie around the end of my braid. Today is the day everything becomes a reality. All this training, all these emotions, everything's coming together, winding down to this day.

Why... Why did so much effort go into this? Why put so much time into something that they could have put behind them?

No. This isn't something they can put behind. Not after the threats. Not after what they did to Raphael or what happened to me. Not after what happened to my pack, the deaths, and the pain. No, this isn't something that can be brushed aside. This preparation is worth every moment.

I glance sideways at Milo, he's sitting on the bed innocently. He never had to know any of this, Milo was safe from the pain, he didn't understand it. For a moment, I find myself jealous of my pet dog.

My bubbly Ana walks into the room, interrupting the train of thought. Her hair up in a ponytail, her clothes saying she's ready. The sweat on her forehead saying she's nervous. As am I, but I cannot show anyone else that. I am their leader, I need to be strong for them.

"It will work out," I tell her, determination seeping through my words.

"Liam and Amanda haven't been busting ass for nothing, I know," Ana says slowly. "It doesn't mean I'm not scared."

I smile softly, understanding what she was going through. I too am scared. Ana and I may never have been close, but as I grew as a person, Ana and I also grew closer. Not to mention, I had her mate working with Amanda so often, the least I could do was spend time with her. So we might not be best friends, as I was with June, but our relationship was good... It was good. It was healthy and it was building to be something great, I could feel it.

"You know," my beta female says slowly as she takes a seat on the edge of the bed. "I came here to tell you... You're amazing."

I blink a few times, the sentiment unexpected. Why would she come just to say that? "Thank y-"

"I'm not done," Ana walks over, looking me in the eye as she continues. "Our pack was the strongest in the USA. We overtook Darren's pack by sheer number. And, save for the pack we have been fighting, we were strong. It was the strongest pack and yet you alone, in training no less, made us look weak. You humiliated the pack. They looked up to you because you became a hero. You could fight like Raphael but you were harder than he was. You pushed us more and more. And because of that, we are stronger.

"So I want to thank you and tell you just how amazing you are, Luna Ariel. You made the strongest pack stronger, you showed us we cannot rely on a strong alpha but must be strong ourselves. Despite needing a leader, we need a community of strength. We need to be not only strong physically, but mentally. You gave us something to work for. You gave this pack hope again.