the beginning

chi

She picked up the last box of Froot Loops and set it in her cart. She moved along the aisle and scanned boxes of granola bars for her newest snack.

"Hmm," she hummed, her foot tapping against the floor as she skimmed a box that supposedly had protein. She shrugged and threw it in the cart. The next aisle held soups and canned foods of the sort, and she really needed clam chowder.

"Chi?" someone from behind startled her. She flinched, remembering the voice from that night.

She turned slowly, locking eyes with Zayn Malik. Zayn, twenty three, owned a...tattoo shop? She didn't remember, but he looked like he did.

"Hi," she smiled slightly, setting tomato soup in the cart.

He looked different, his hair bleached blond and soft looking. A nose ring adorned his face and his scruff seemed...scruffier than before.

He still looked great.

"How have you been?" he smiled, the small grocery basket hooking onto his arm. So far, he had three boxes of Whales and mustard.

She gulped. "I've been good, Zayn. How have you been?"

"Great, great. Although, I tried calling you, and I'm starting to think it's not a real number."

She chuckled, moving along the aisle. "No, I definitely gave it to you. I've just...been busy."

He quirked an eyebrow. "Are you okay? You seem...off."

"Oh, me?" she scoffed. "I'm fine, I'm fine....yeah, I'm fine."

"I heard you," Zayn chuckled, shoving his hands in his pockets, "are you avoiding me?"

"No--"

"Because that's okay. I mean, that night was great, but I know how they all end."

No you don't. Not this time.

"So, it's cool, I guess," he shrugged but she could tell he was a little more hurt than that, "and I don't expect much out of a one night stand, but--"

"Zayn," she cut him off with a smile, a very faint one, "it's not you."

"What is it then?" he asked in confusion, his brows furrowed deeper. He was cute.

"Um..." should she tell him? He didn't look like he'd be mad or...respond negatively to the news. But she wasn't ready for any more rejection.

But he was part of this.

"Chiara," Zayn stopped her from shaking, his voice laced with concern, "that's your name, yeah? You said it once, but I was so wasted."

"That's my name," she answered shakily.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm..." she looked away from his wide eyes and she swore he had guessed what she was going to say, only, he still wasn't ready.

"Just say it."

"I'm pregnant."

chi•

wowow I told you guys to stop me and nun a ya did anything

welp, new story afoot !!

disclaimer: zayn malik is not affiliated with this story. this is my story, created from my own mind. and don't steal it

bec that's rude

:)x