the couch

•zayn•

"God, Mecca."

"Isn't he pretty?" she giggled quietly, trying to cover her mouth and quiet down.

"You're so silly, girl."

Zayn felt something touch his face and he turned over, his head to the side as he stuffed his hands in his sweatpants pockets and tried to get more sleep.

"Shh, shh," he heard Mecca coo before something bigger and warmer touched his face. Zayn frowned, scrunching his nose and slowly opening his eyes. Mecca smiled and he did the same. "Hi."

"Hey, baby," he cleared his throat and grinned when she kissed his nose, "cutie pie."

"Cutie patootie," she giggled again, rubbing her finger over his cheeks.

"What did you do, Mecca?" he narrowed his eyes at her because he felt like she was up to something.

"Nothing," her laughs were uncontrollable as she ran away and into the kitchen where Chiara was putting groceries away. She had left earlier with Abrianna to go shopping and he guessed she just came back. He was left alone with Mecca, who was a bit hyper today for some reason, but was nice enough to not bother Zayn while he slept for a bit.

Zayn sat up with a small groan, mumbling something about being too old for this shit and walking into the kitchen. His face felt weird.

Chi was at the sink, her shoulders shaking as she tried not to laugh.

"What did you get at the store?" he stood beside her and Mecca ran away.

"Uh, some chicken and fish and lettuce," she sputtered out, not looking at him, "I got you more Lucozade and I got some other miscellaneous stuff for the fridge."

"Thank you--"

"Zayn," she giggled, her cheeks reddening and small tears pricking at her eyes, "baby, please go look in the mirror."

"Am I that ugly?" he joked and she just laughed harder, shaking her head. "Why are you laughing?"

"Please, Zayn. Just go."

He gave her a look and walked away, past a still giggling Mecca and into the half bathroom. He cut the light on and groaned at his face. "Mecca!"

First of all, Zayn looked like a clown. Purple eyeshadow and sparkly lipgloss. His cheeks were rosy pink from the blush and his eyebrows -- already thick as fuck -- even thicker, now that she drew sloppily on them.

He snorted, looking down in the sink.

"Mecca," Zayn called her again and only received loud laughs in return from both girls.

•zayn•

"You still have a bit of glitter on your lips."

Zayn rolled his eyes at her, looking up at the sun. They decided to go to the park today, getting some fresh air and spending time as a family. It was kid and dog friendly, hence why Mecca was playing fetch with Rhino and Harley took it upon himself to lie his one hundred and eighty pound body all over Zayn's legs.

"Get it off for me," he puckered his lips and she giggled, kissing him briefly, "you look beautiful, Chiara."

"Thank you," she blushed and touched her cheeks, "my back hurts."

"Lean against me then," Zayn looked at Mecca still playing with Rhino and smiled. Chi leaned against his side and held his hand in her lap.

Chi had only five weeks left until the baby was born and it was slowly taking a toll on her. Because of preeclampsia, her face, ankles, and feet were beginning to swell more than they should. And she had headaches like, to the point where she couldn't see straight.