the fuck not (epilogue)

•chi•

It was Thanksgiving Day and Chiara Malik was cooking up a storm.

"Jaan," Zayn walked in and strolled over to her. Since their first child, he hadn't shaved really -- because Chiara was in love with it and he got gassed so easily -- and he looked like an actual dad.

Five years after Chiara and Zayn got married at the courthouse, they had a set of twins named Sabrine and Sebastian. They were now ten years old and wise beyond their years.

Mecca was in her second year of college, she was a biology major and wanted to be a surgeon one day. RyDae was a sophomore in high school, a class act and -- to Chiara's displeasure -- an absolute fuckboy. She already knew it was bound to happen, just look at his daddy.

Being a mother of four was harder than she thought. Mecca needed loans for tuition, RyDae had high school dues and transportation, and the twins were involved in sports and cookie selling organizations, but Chiara loved every second of it. It was in her blood.

"Chi," Zayn repeated because she hadn't been listening since this morning, "I'm going to go get Mecca from the bus station, alright?"

"Oh, okay," and at that, she grinned, because she hadn't seen her baby since September. They talked a few times a week but it wasn't the same. "Are the twins going with you?"

"Sabrine is," he scratched his beard and looked over her shoulder, "do you need help?"

"No, no, I'm fine. Listen, when you see Mecca's boyfriend do not get worked up like last time--"

"Chi--"

"I'm serious," she grinned, "she really likes him so shut your trap. He's really nice."

Zayn rolled his eyes but nodded. Chiara leaned to kiss him and patted his backside.

"Goodbye now."

"Bye," he slapped her ass and ran away, giggling as he left the house.

Chiara shook her head, checking the turkey in the oven before moving on to something else. Sebastian walked in a few seconds later, yawning and sitting on the stool by the sink.

"Well, good morning, Seb," she greeted him with a kiss on the head, "nice sleep?"

"Yeah," he replied, his thick hair arranged in twists at the top of his head. He looked a lot like her and even acted the same way, adorable as heck and really smart. His eyes were a light brown and his lips were big along with his nose and his smooth brown skin. Sebastian was adorable. "How was your sleep, momma?"

"Uh," she just smiled and looked at him, "I could use a little more."

He giggled, his hand on his tummy. "You're so funny."

"What's so funny about that?"

"I don't know, man," he giggled some more and looked at the pots on the stove, "Thanksgiving is such a great time of the year."

"You're so weird, I swear. Did you shower yet?"

"Yes, but I'm hungry."

"Now I know you like pancakes but I ran out of batter," she pouted and he did too, "so I have cereal in that cabinet if you'd want some or I have a yogurt in the fridge. Choose wisely."

"Yogurt," he replied with no hesitation. He really liked dairy products for some reason, "is it Greek?"

"Is it Greek?" she mocked him with a smile, "so sadiddy. Of course, just don't get vanilla because that's mine."