the clouds

•zayn•

"Hey, Chi."

"Yes?"

"What are you wearing?"

"I...I don't know," she laughed, looking at the tight shirt on her torso, "please don't ask what happened. I can't get out now."

"Come on," Zayn chuckled, grabbing the hem of her shirt. Chi raised her arms and couldn't stop giggling and Zayn struggled to pull the shirt off.

"It's really hot," she muttered as the shirt came off. She tucked a boob back in her bra and cheered. "Thanks, babe."

"No problem," he smiled at her, "now hurry or I'm leaving you."

"You're leaving me to go to my own ultrasound? Okay," she snorted, grabbing a bigger shirt.

"I'll improvise if I have to," he shrugged.

"Idiot," she followed him down the stairs, "emphasis on the D."

"What kind of sense does that make?" he asked.

"A lot."

"Hmm. Okay," he opened the car door for her and got in himself on the other side, "hey, babe?"

"What?" she hummed.

"I love you."

She rolled her eyes. "I love you, too."

Zayn grinned, grabbing her hand and setting them between the console. One could only imagine what cloud this man was on right now. Ever since Chiara said what he'd always wanted to say since the jump he had been smiling and grinning like an idiot. A stupid, deeply in love idiot.

They really weren't anything before this, just two young people getting ready for a life changing event. He was so scared and anxious in the beginning and now...he was floating above the clouds, as happy as can be.

"Babe, what are you doing?"

"What?"

"You just turned the wrong way," she laughed, "you've been so spaced out lately."

"It's nothing," he shook his head, "nothing," he went in someone's driveway and backed right out, headed back to the main road.

"Sure?"

"Yes."

"Positive?"

"As positive as your pregnancy test."

"Zayn!" she slapped his arm.

•zayn•

"Dude, wake up."

"No," he hugged her belly tighter and turned his head.

"There is a grown woman with me in this office and if you don't get up, we won't find out the gender."

Zayn groaned, sitting up and pouting with his eyes closed. He had gotten so tired for some reason, or maybe he just liked cuddling with his baby.

"Glad to see you, Zayn," Dr. Stork smiled at him, "so anyway, I'm getting ready to do the ultrasound. Well, I already know the gender, I wrote it down but I know you two want to see the baby still."

"Mhm," Zayn hummed, leaning back in his chair.

"Okay, up goes your shirt, dear."

Chiara lifted her shirt and absentmindedly rubbed her belly. Zayn always loved it when she did that because she seemed so at peace and so in love, something he'd want to see everyday and every hour on the dot.

The cold gel touched her stomach and all three of them turned towards the monitor.

"He's big," Dr. Stork cooed, moving the device around to get a clearer image.

It was easier to detect what part of the baby was what. Round eyes, the lips, the hands and fingers. They still had a long way to go, not so long as the months actually flew by.

"Did you say he?" Zayn's mouth spread to a wide, face splitting smile, "so, he's a he?"

"Did I do that?" she played along, standing back and watching the madness unfold.

Zayn stood up, a knowing smirk on his face. Chi already knew what was coming and groaned, covering her face.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"I, Zayn Javadd Malik, was right," he put his hands on his hips, "I was right, Chi! Me? You're always right and guess who was right this time?"

"You--"

"Me, Chi Baby, me," he grinned and poked her cheek repeatedly, "I was right."

"Yes, you were right--"

"Did you hear that, baby?" Zayn put his ear to her stomach and giggled, "you're a boy. Baby RyDae."

Chi huffed, playfully pouting and trying not to smile at Zayn's behavior.

"I'm not going to hear the end of this."

•zayn•

"Guess what?"

"It's a--"

"It's a boy!" Zayn squealed, the smile on his face irreplaceable. He was so happy he was right, but more happy it was a boy and they finally got that gender stuff behind them.

He called so many people, firstly, Chi's mom Kara then his own. He called Harry and a lot of his family members. He was so happy he tweeted it and posted Snapchat videos explaining how happy and how wrong Chi was.

God, he was so happy.

"Okay, Zayn," Chi patted the bed, "please sit down. It's almost midnight and I have to get ready for work--"

"When are you gonna go on leave?" he asked, going in the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"Not until I absolutely can't," she answered, "so no time soon."

"Mother Chi is very stubborn," he smiled, "I understand how you want to keep working but you can't, darling."

"Zayn," she whined, going to see him in the bathroom, "I wanna go, though."

"You ain't gotta go to work--"

"Shut up," she rolled her eyes, "you're a crazy man. I knew you liked Fifth Harmony ."

"Just DC3," he shrugged, "Camilla is annoying as shit and Ally is just..." he shook his head, "anyway."

"Yeah, anyway," she giggled, "who's your fave?"

"Um," he started brushing his teeth, "I like Dinah, but that Lauren...man. But then Normani--"

"Pick one."

"Normani? I guess."

Chiara hugged his waist as he bent down to spit out his toothpaste. "I love you, Zayn. And your weird infatuation with Fifth Harmony."

"It's Three Fifths Harmony and I love you, too."

•zayn•

zayn is me and I am zayn

normani is fine though ❤️

anyway, if you guys didn't already know I just lost my granny on saturday. and I know most people would take a hiatus or something but writing is so very therapeutic to me so I will be updating don't worry.

or maybe I'm just trying to occupy myself? either way, I'll still be here