the know

zayn•

"I feel like we don't really know each other."

Zayn looked at her with raised eyebrows. "How, Sway? Besides the fact we're about to have a baby and don't know each other's last names?"

"Zayn," Chiara groaned, looking ahead at the TV, "seriously. I think if we're gonna be raising a child we should at least know each other's likes and dislikes."

"You're right," Zayn sat up straighter, "so, you go first."

"What's your name?"

He gave her a what the fuck? look.

"Answer," she laughed, crossing her legs like a child.

"It's Zayn. Zayn Javadd Malik. Yours?"

"Chiara Denise Jones. Um, what's your favorite color?"

"Green."

"Baby blue."

"What do you do?"

"I work at a daycare," she answered, "with the little kids, and I help the little soccer team that plays during the summer."

Zayn snorted. "Mom job."

"What?" she made a face.

"You're like..." he laughed at the irony, "you have such a mom life it's hard not to imagine you with kids."

"My life is not a mom life."

"Come on, Chi. A daycare? Little kids? A soccer mom? I can see it now."

"Okay, fine," she crossed her arms and tried not to laugh, "whatever. What do you do?"

"I own a tattoo shop, yeah," he clasped his hands together, "ehm, what do you like to do in your spare time?"

"I watch movies and read. You?"

"Dunno. I love to sleep. Well, I draw, sketch, I guess."

"Ooh, draw something, please?" she grinned from ear to ear, something Zayn thought was adorable and he cursed himself for agreeing. Chiara grabbed a blank sheet of paper from her printer and a pen, setting it in his lap and moving closer to him.

"You can't watch," he said, covering her eyes with his arm.

"Why?" she pouted, looking up at him."

"Because, it makes me nervous."

Chi pouted deeper and Zayn huffed, shaking his head.

"Fine--"

"Yay!" she held onto his arm while he asked her what to sketch. She requested a dinosaur.

"A dinosaur?" Zayn scrunched his nose as he began sketching the head.

"Yes, and not the T-Rex, the land ones with the long necks."

"Okay," he laughed, beginning to sketch the small head of the dinosaur. He was in full concentration mode, his tongue sticking out as the pen glided along the paper. The sound of Chiara's friends coming in and yelling and cursing was just background noise to him at the moment. He finished the eyes and looked up to see who arrived.

"You're really adorable," Chiara whispered as her friends paid them no mind, for they were too busy arguing over what show to watch.

Zayn grinned, the blush noticeable just slightly on his brown skin. "Uh, thanks, Chi."