the dirty diaper

•zayn•

Little by little, Zayn was fixing up the attic as the days went by.

Mecca was getting antsy, she was looking at the almost finished product of her room and got excited. Everyday, if Zayn was in the attic, one would find her there also.

He took frequent breaks, though, checking in on Chiara and RyDae -- although Chi always said "we're fine, babe, do your thing (and he did his thing by watching their every move) -- just to be sure for himself. He couldn't wait to be finished, because although he loved Mecca to the fullest extent, he had a newborn.

Plus, Zayn was getting tired of sleeping on the couch. He needed his Tempur-Pedic.

"What's that?" Mecca asked, following Zayn around the room.

"It's a dresser," he huffed, shoving it one last time before leaning against it, "to put your clothes in, babe."

"Oh," she mumbled, looking around, "what's that?"

"Toy box. All your toys go in here except the big ones, okay? Keep your room neat."

"Okay, dad." She sighed and smiled at him, "can we go see RyDae?"

"Yeah, come on," he smirked and picked her up, holding her upside down and causing her little giggles to ensue.

"No, no, stop!" she snorted purposefully and Zayn laughed, tickling her sides.

"Hey, you guys," Chi said when they made it to the living room, "is your room almost finished, Mecca?"

"Almost," she pouted, sitting beside her on the couch.

"We just have to wait on the mattress," Zayn replied, sitting in front of Chi's legs on the floor. RyDae was lying on the cushion on the other side of Chiara.

"That's good. When do I need to do my part?" Chiara asked.

"When we go shopping for her clothes," he leaned against her knees, closing his eyes, "but it'll be done after that."

"Thank you, Zayn."

"Mhm."

"Mommy, can I watch TV?" Mecca asked.

"What exactly?"

"Steven!"

"Okay," she changed it to Cartoon Network and it was just finishing The Amazing World of Gumball, "have fun, kid."

"How's RyDae?" Zayn asked, "did he eat yet?"

"Not yet. Another thirty minutes and I'm headed to his room."

"Do you need help?"

"Breastfeeding? No, Zayn. Unless you got milk in them titties..."

"I could try," he played along with a lazy smiled.

"I know you would," she replied, her hand caressing the side of his face, "how are you feeling today?"

"Sleepy," he said, yawning into his arm, "just wanna stay awake with you guys, ya know?"

"You're not gonna miss anything," Chi laughed, "go to sleep, Zayn."

"I can't...what if Ry starts talking or if he walks or something?"

"...How long do you think you'll be sleep?"

•zayn•

The next day, Mecca's room was completely finished and totally safe to play in.

Hence why she was in her room right now, playing with God knows how many toys at one time.

And her parents were fine with that, knowing sometimes their baby wanted space and so they did. They learned on their own that Mecca had separation issues, but as long as her parents were there, within her reach, she was alright.

And she took the initiative to check up on Zayn every thirty minutes.

Zayn walked around the kitchen with RyDae, speaking to him every now and then. Chiara was out with Brennan, getting a few more sneakers for Mecca along with some infant milk, in case Chiara wasn't around and it was feeding time.

(Which would prolly never happen because Chiara loved her baby boy and she always made sure there were four extra bottles of breastmilk in the fridge.)

"Hey, chill!" Zayn called after his two dogs, who were running around the living room, "ugh," he walked to the sliding door and let it open, watching both dogs run right outside. He closed the door and locked it, walking around the house and smiling at RyDae's little gurgles.

"You're cute man," Zayn told him, "just like mumma. Speaking of that girl, she should be back by now."

RyDae started to cry and Zayn frowned, rocking the baby in his arms and walking upstairs to his room.

"Oh, shut up, you big baby," and then he snorted at his own joke because Ry was a baby already. Funny. Zayn entered the nursery and looked around the room at his artwork. It was perfect for the whole room and the small toys and stickers on the walls and ceiling. Zayn was in love with it.

"RyDae did you just shit?" Zayn stated more than asked, not believing it in the slightest, "boy."

The baby cried harder and Zayn groaned, fake crying before lying him on the changing table and undoing his diaper.

"Uhhh," he took out he wipes, not sure how to start. Then he remembered some of what that nurse said and sort of smiled despite the stench. Zayn wiped from back to front, using at least five wipes to make sure he was extra clean.

"Um," he rolled the dirty diaper up and threw it away, then got out a fresh one and set it under RyDae's backside like he remembered, "oh, shit I got this."

Zayn put some powder on the diaper and closed it around his son's hips. RyDae was no longer crying and Zayn was a happy father, kissing his cheeks and hugging him close.

"Oh my God, I just changed a diaper." he said in shock, leaving the room and walking to the attic. Mecca was sitting on the bed, holding a doll baby up to a Transformer. "Babe, guess what?"

"Yeah?" she looked at him expectantly.

"I just changed a diaper for the first time!"

Mecca just stared, then took a deep breath. "Good, for you, daddy."

"Aren't you gonna be proud of me?"

"So proud, dad," she replied in that same monotonous tone, "goodness gracious."

"I'm gonna go call your mom. At least she'll be proud of me," he stuck his tongue out at her and she did the same, "buttface."

"Sour kraut."

Zayn rolled his eyes and just left, strolling all the way to the living room and grabbing his phone. He sat on the couch with RyDae and waited for his girlfriend to pick the phone up.

"Yeah, babe?" she answered on the second ring, "is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to tell you some really good news."

"And what might that be?"

"I just changed his diaper," Zayn grinned, waiting for her to say something.

"You're a loser, you know that? But no, I'm super proud of you, babe."

"Thank you. Okay, come back so I don't have to do it again."

Chi just laughed. "Sure thing."

•zayn•

I was home alone for six hours today. aired little tobi out cus shawty needed to breathe 😂😂😂

too much information? you shouldn't be shocked by now.😁❤️😌