the headaches

•zayn•

"Slight, not so slight problem, you two," Dr. Stork walked in the room with the clipboard in hand. She sat in her little wheely chair and looked down at her papers.

Chi was halfway asleep, her hands absentmindedly on her stomach and her bottom lip being worried between her teeth. She wasn't feeling right today, complaining about her vision and constantly pounding headache. She was a little dizzy at work, and had called Zayn for a last minute appointment she set up for them.

Her tired eyes were hooded and she squeezed Zayn's hands harder. He worried so much about her, especially when she was silent or crying.

"What's wrong?" Zayn asked quietly, his thumb running circles in Chi's hand. "Is the baby okay?"

"Yes, he's fine," she looked at them both, "both of them are fine at the moment. I ran some tests on you to monitor your blood pressure, Chiara. It's kind of high now. And that's dangerous. It can cause preeclampsia, which is a complication with your blood pressure and possibly your kidneys," the doctor sighed and Chiara just looked up at the ceiling. "I've made some calls at the hospital and they have a room for you to stay in for a few days--"

"What?" she perked up at that.

"It's just to see if you actually have preeclampsia. There's nothing too abnormal in your vitals to say you do, but the headaches and the vision blurring are symptoms," Dr. Stork stood and adjusted the examination table so Chi could get up. She was a little wobbly but Zayn made sure she didn't fall. "Dizzy?"

"Very," she sighed, clutching onto Zayn's arm.

"When you go to the hospital they're gonna give you medicine to bring your blood pressure down and something for that headache," she told her, primarily to Zayn because Chi seemed too out of it at the moment. It scared him.

"Will you be coming by?" Zayn asked hopefully while the doctor just nodded, a small smile on her face.

"I have to visit my two favorite patients."

•zayn•

Zayn worried so much about his girl, mostly because she was just too drained to do anything. She didn't talk on the way to the hospital and Zayn was the one who had to tell the doctors and nurses everything. She was so lethargic and done with the whole thing. But mostly, she cried. A lot.

And she was a very innocent and optimistic girl at most times, but for some reason, her mindset was so saddened he wondered if this was the same girl carrying his baby.

"Chi," Zayn whispered as she lazily watched the TV ahead. Her eyes were red and so was her nose and occasionally she sniffled.

"Yes?" she whispered back, even quieter than him.

"Are you hungry, baby?"

She closed her eyes and nodded, "yes."

"What do you want to eat, babe?" He kept his hand in hers and reached for a hospital menu with the other, "it's lunchtime, so do you want pizza or something?"

"Yeah," she opened her eyes again and stared at him. Her eyes were glassy.

Zayn nodded, picking up the phone and ordering some pepperoni pizza and fries from the cafeteria. He hung up and looked at his girlfriend who was almost knocked out from the medicine.

"Zayn," she gulped and kept her eyes closed, "if our baby doesn't--"

"Chi, stop thinking like that--"

"Will you still love me?" she ignored him and continued talking, "even if I failed--"

"You're not going to fail, Chiara," he said solemnly, "baby, I promise, I will still love you after everything we've been through. I still love you."

"You do?"

"Yeah," he kissed her forehead, "baby, we'll be fine, yeah?"

"Okay," she hummed, "I love you."

"I love you, Mother Chi.".

She finally smiled at that. Her white teeth showing between her lips. Zayn smiled also, kissing her again until she let out a tired giggle.

Chi's food came about thirty minutes later, along with her mother Kara and father Patrick. She managed to get just a quick nap in before they came and somehow, she seemed well rested. She invited Zayn on the bed and now they all sat there watching one of the housewife shows. He didn't know which one it was but as long as Chi was enjoying it.

She mostly leaned on him, though, his body was warm and she wore his jacket to get away from the cold air. Hospitals were always cold.

"Hospitals are a fucking hustle," she mumbled, catching his attention. She only swore when she was irritated or quoting something, so she must have been upset.

"What's wrong?" Zayn asked quietly.

"No, like, my blood test results are fine and now I'm waiting for more tests and I'm supposed to stay here for a few days," she shook her head angrily, still looking just a little cute, "fucking ridiculous. I came in for a little problem and now I might stay here forever for some bullshit. 'You might have preeclampsia, but let's check out your colon. Are you eating right, Chiara?'"

Zayn chuckled, noticing her parents just smiling at their daughter. "Babe, whatever helps the baby is fine with me."

"'How are your potassium levels?'" she continued to mock an earlier doctor, "'I see you've gained right much weight in the past six months. What's up with that?' Nigga, I'm pregnant, don't make me say it again."

"Chi, relax, please," he said worriedly, afraid her blood pressure was gonna increase again, "Dr. Stork will be here tomorrow, okay? Stay calm, don't hurt little RyDae."

"Sorry, pumpkin," she pouted at her belly draped in the hospital gown, "wow, I am huge. I never realize until I'm sitting like this."

He smiled, kissing her temple and putting his hand over hers. "I love you, Chi."

"I love you, babe."

•zayn•

awww poor chi. preeclampsia is a serious condition I researched it. basically you can't let any of your vitals get too crazy or you'll get eclampsia which is more fatal for everyone

the more you know

WAIT WAIT WAIT AND LOOK AT THIS SHIT

LIKE THIS IS PERFECT AND SO ADORABLE ONG MY BABIES

aight bye