the evilest

•zayn•

"Jaan, what's your ideal wedding?" Zayn asked out of nowhere, trying to make RyDae walk but failing 'cause the kid was always distracted. He could most definitely walk now, he just -- again -- chose not to.

He was so lazy.

Chiara shrugged, frowning. "I mean, I'm not a wedding type of person. I enjoy going but...I don't know. I wanted to get married, not have a wedding to get married."

"So you think we should just go chill at the courthouse and wait for our names to be called?"

"Yeah."

"Fine by me."

"I was hoping so," she muttered, slipping on shoes and walking towards the door, "I'll get Mecca from school, okay?"

"Thank you," he called back, picking up RyDae and walking downstairs after her.

Chiara left out the door and Zayn huffed, setting the almost one year old down on the floor.

"RyDae don't be lazy, man," Zayn said, looking down at him, "I know it's in your genes but you have to walk. It's part of life for most people. Use the legs Allah gave you."

And that was something not established with their children, they wanted them to grow up making their own decisions with religion. And even then, Chi nor Zayn were that pressed about it, so they said what they wanted. But it was always good to have a solid foundation.

"Ry, I'm leaving you," Zayn spoke in a sing song voice, walking away from the baby, who looked at his father in confusion, "bye bye."

And Zayn turned around, walking into the kitchen and making sure RyDae wouldn't see him. He smiled when he heard crying and little footsteps shuffle their way next to him. Zayn looked down and RyDae was standing, his hand in his mouth as he sobbed.

"Yo, chill, it's all good, man," he picked the baby up and kissed his nose, "see? Isn't walking fun?"

RyDae just kept crying and Zayn rolled his eyes.

"Okay, Ry. You want some juice?" he just babbled and Zayn shook his head, "babe...yes or no? Come on you've gotta start doing baby things, and you're making it worse for yourself."

RyDae managed to roll his eyes.

And maybe it was a baby thing, or maybe RyDae didn't know he was doing it, but Zayn was a lil' offended.

"What did I ever do to you, bro?" he bit his lip and just smiled when RyDae shoved his fist in his mouth again and stared blankly at him, "God, I can't win with you, can I?"

"No," Ry muttered and Zayn raised his brows, "no."

"You are so fake, why are you doing this to me, man?"

"No!"

"Ugh."

"No."

Zayn got out a sippy cup and poured RyDae's favorite juice in it. He really liked Cran-Apple juice for some reason. "Here,"

RyDae gave a thumbs up and took the bottle from him, instantly sipping on it and playing with his ear.

"Oh, that's why you've been acting up," Zayn realized, "my baby's so sleepy, isn't he?"

RyDae shook his head and Zayn just huffed.

"Liar. Come with me," he let him stand on his own and walked towards the living room. He heard RyDae's babbling and just grinned , sitting on the couch and watching him walk around the coffee table.

RyDae shuffled to Zayn, patting his knee and never letting go of the bottle in his mouth.

"What, you wanna sit with me?" Zayn asked, picking him up and letting him find a good enough spot beside him. He just curled up in his side, staring at the TV.

"No," RyDae said absentmindedly, making Zayn confused.

"What?"

"No," he whined, throwing the cup down and moving to stand.

"Ry, pick that up."

The baby just pouted, sitting back down and scooting off the couch. He picked the cup up and set it on the table. "Bye bye."

"Where are you going?" why did this kid think he was grown already?

RyDae just waved, lying on the floor and rolling around the floor, collecting God knows what on his clothes and giggling about. It was cute but Zayn would not hear the end of it if he got sick.

"Man, come on," Zayn groaned and picked his son up, who just started to cry because he wasn't having fun anymore. Such a crybaby, but Zayn loved him nonetheless. "At least roll on something clean, this is carpet."

The baby just planted his face in Zayn's shoulder. "Hey."

"I'm back!" the door opened and Mecca posed before walking all the way in, "did ya miss me?"

"Of course I did," Zayn replied, bending down to kiss her forehead, "how was school?"

"Terrible. But I don't have homework today," she did a little dance and Zayn coughed, feeling RyDae grip his collar like his life depended on it.

"The teacher is such a..." Chiara either couldn't find the word or she couldn't say it, "ugh. She expects these kids to know what she's talking about."

"Chi, babe. Calm down."

"I understand it, mommy," Mecca said, setting her backpack on the couch and sitting down.

"What's a fourth dimension?"

"Uh...one more than three?"

"So smart, gosh," Chiara smiled and walked towards Zayn, "I don't play when it comes to education."

"I get it, I get it -- Ry, what in God's name?" He was punching Zayn's neck and it quickly became uncomfortable, "here's your mom, bye bye."

"Bye bye," he mumbled, smiling at Chiara as she grabbed him.

"Oh, my little baby," she kissed his forehead and he giggled.

Zayn just huffed, adjusting his shirt. "He's probably the evilest baby there is."

"Zayn," she laughed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm serious! He's so disrespectful to me when you're gone. And now he's happy. I'm on to you, little man."

RyDae just giggled, kissing the corner of his father's mouth and turning away shyly.

•zayn•

this is gonna end very soon