the talk

zayn•

"Um..." Chiara's voice trailed off as she sat across from him. They decided to talk things over and figure out what to do next.

Zayn was shocked, to say the least. He didn't understand how this happened, but, then again, the sex was intense and he might have gotten careless. They did use protection, but maybe the condom broke and they didn't realize.

Maybe, who knows?

He watched her with wide eyes, she was fiddling with the tea cup and staring inside as if she was trying to make words out of it. The words must have been interesting, for she refused to take her eyes off of it.

She still looked like she did that night, her jet black hair pulled into a low pony tail and her skin glowing as if it was made of gold. She was small, but had a fire personality from what Zayn could remember. Her eyes were dark brown and bambi-like and her lashes were long like a cow's.

(Cows had long lashes, by the way.)

"How...how did this happen?" Zayn asked her.

She gave him a look. "Well, Zayn, when a boy likes a girl, they get very naked--"

"No, no," he huffed, "like...how," he cleared his throat, "how did you find out?"

"Morning sickness," she muttered, "it's been like that for three weeks and I missed my period. So, I went to the doctor and she said I was four weeks pregnant. Then she gave me the date of conception."

"Which was the night you met me," Zayn finished while Chiara nodded, "um. So--"

"If you don't want to be in the child's life, I--"

"No, no," he chanted, "this is my responsibility also, Chi. And...it's scary to think about, but, I'm not leaving you alone."

"I won't be alone--"

"But I don't want our child to grow up without a father, yeah?" Zayn watched her sip her tea and smiled faintly.

"Yeah. Thank you, Zayn," she smiled at him gratefully, "I...just thank you. For not freaking out and leaving me."

"It's honestly no problem. Now, how do you feel?"

"I'm okay," she sighed, "I think, I just have to let it all sink in, ya know? I'm having a baby and...oh my gosh, I'm having a baby?"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," he laughed, staring at her fingers, "I didn't think I'd have a child so soon."

He didn't, he really didn't. When Zayn imagined having a child, he thought of being married and a little older than he was now. He imagined being prepared and knowing his soulmate like a best friend. This girl, Chiara, he didn't know her at all, really. Her name and age he knew, but, not even like...her last name.

Pathetic.

But, staring at her now, and how she was just as surprised and anxious as he was at the possible outcome of caring for a whole human being...it gave him hope. He wanted to know her, be with her through every step of the way. It was a weird feeling, the mother of his child was only familiar to him from that one night and nothing else.

He was strangely excited about this, very scared in the means of telling his parents and friends, but...he was still excited.

"How do you feel?" she asked, eyeing him carefully, "you look like you're gonna throw up."

"I mean...I don't know how my parents will take it. They're not always the proudest of my decisions."

"Oh, shit," she facepalmed, "I forgot all about my grandma."

"But did you tell your parents?"

"Yeah, yeah, but, my grandma has no idea. She's gonna beat my ass. She...she has this thing about having babies before marriage, oh my God."

"Oh."

"My parents are fine, like," she waved a dismissive hand, "they were a little disappointed, but, oh my goodness."

"Well, you're not the only one that has to tell your family," Zayn pointed out with a grimace, "I still have to tell my parents."

Chiara sighed, looking down at her tea again. "I'm sorry, Zayn."

"For what?"

"I don't know, I feel like I have to apologize," she shrugged while he just chuckled, "I don't know."

"Well, then, I'm sorry too."

"For what?"

"For...for..." he bit his lip, "I have no idea, Chi."

Chiara giggled, her hand cupping her mouth. "Okay, okay, um...well."

"You have to go?" Zayn pouted.

"I do, I have to go to work in a few, sorry," she stood up and so did Zayn. Chiara fished out a few notes from her purse and set it on the table.

"I could have did that," Zayn pointed out.

"Too slow," she stuck her tongue out at him, "can you walk me to my car, please?"

"Yeah, no problem," he smiled, opening the door and letting her walk through first, "so, about this number you gave me."

"Yes?"

"Is it really your number?"

"It is, I just blocked you," she hummed, "it was after I found out I was pregnant and I couldn't just talk to you like nothing was wrong. Especially, if I was scared out of my mind."

"Well, can you unblock me?" he chuckled.

"I guess, so," she joked, bumping her elbow to his side. They crossed the street and Chiara stopped at a black Nissan, a really cute car for her.

"What a mom car," Zayn snorted.

"You think so?" she smiled at it, "I can see it."

Zayn opened her door and she got in, shutting it after her. Chi rolled the window down, that same small smile on her face.

"I'll call you, alright?"

"Please? You know I'll be there."

"Okay. Bye, Zayn."

"Bye, Chi," he walked away and watched her drive down the street.

He was going to be a father.

zayn•

HEY WHAT'S UP IT'S BEEN A WHILE

what a tune

guys this story is finally set in motion. I've written about eight chapter so far, so...

I think it'll be really cute, cute like all my other stories bYe xxx