the internet

•zayn•

"Ooh, Zayn look," Chi gasped, "it says the baby can see us close up."

Zayn just rolled his eyes, still holding now two month old RyDae in the air. "Stop reading stuff from MayoClinic."

"This is WebMD," she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Even worse, man. They say something like if your baby's not watching your every move by three months he's basically brain dead. Take him to the doctor. Ain't the Internet great?"

"Zayn," she giggled, scanning the words on her laptop, "baby."

"What?"

"What time is it?"

"Almost four. Mecca should be coming home."

"Let's go downstairs then," she grabbed her laptop and led the way, "I've got to meet her at the driveway."

"Alright. Is it Ry's feeding time?"

"Yeah, there's milk in the fridge."

"You hear that, Ry?" Zayn spoke to his son, whose eyes were staring directly at his, "you get to eat before all of us. I'm having a big steak at dinner and you'll have no right to complain."

"Zayn, stop," she giggled, looking out the window at the bus dropping kids off at the end of the street, "I'll be outside."

Zayn kept talking to RyDae, grabbing a bottle of breastmilk out the fridge and warming it up under the warm tap water. He wiped off the water and tested the milk's temperature on his hand.

"Huh," he looked at the small drop and instantly wondered what it tasted like. He looked behind him and then at RyDae who really just wanted food.

"Oh God!" Zayn seriously wanted to throw up at the taste of the milk, gagging and scrunching his face up in disgust. He went back to the fridge and downed half a bottle of soda. "That is horrid."

"What's horrid, daddy?" Mecca spoke up, startling the man.

"Hey, babe. How was school?" he changed the subject and looked down at her.

"Good, we're learning to write," she grinned, walking to the fridge and grabbing a CapriSun, "thirsty."

Chi walked in with a small frown on her face. "Did you know the buses are about to make these kids stand at bus stops instead of their own houses?"

"Not until recently. Just now," Zayn sat in the chair and fed RyDae, who was trying to grab at the bottle and hold it himself, "why?"

"Saves time, or whatever," she huffed, "kids on this street are either Mecca's age or teenagers. I don't trust it at all."

"So what are we gonna do?"

"I think I'm gonna change my hours at the daycare when I get back, I don't know."

"Can you do that?"

"No idea," she bit her lip and sat down. Mecca looked back and forth between her parents while sipping her juice.

"I mean, I can take her, Chi," Zayn said after a few seconds, "you work from what? Ten to five most of the time? And I work from eight to four. I can take her on my way and pick her up coming back."

"You will?" she smiled and he nodded, "thank you, Zayn."

"It's what I do, ya know? Anyway, we've got to talk about babysitting while we're gone."

"Do we have to? I can't trust just anyone with my baby."

"Well, what do you suggest?"

"Um...I don't know. Not a stranger. And I feel like our parents wouldn't be up for it, ya know?"

"Wait, why can't you just take him with you to work?"

"Just because it's a daycare doesn't mean i don't have to pay to watch my own son. And I'm not even gonna watch him, I deal with three to six year olds and two other people deal with babies," she just groaned, her hands running though her hair, "I could just move to the babies, though. This chick Ava doesn't really like dealing with babies. She likes older kids."

"Are you gonna ask?" Zayn took the now empty bottle out of RyDae's hands and pat his back so he could burp.

"Yeah, yeah. Not now, she's gonna get excited until I tell her I have two weeks of leave left."

"Still can't believe you got so much time off, though," he tried to trip Mecca as she walked by but she caught him, "pumpkin head."

"Fat hamhock," she slapped his leg and ran into the living room.

"What?" Chi's said in confusion.

"She names me after food," he rolled his eyes and felt RyDae burp like seven times.

"Weirdos. Anyway, it's a daycare, of course they give me more time off. They know more about babies than any corporation, ya know?"

"I'm just glad to not worry about this preeclampsia thing anymore."

"Same."

•zayn•

"Zayn, get RyDae," Chi pushed him away and pulled the covers further up.

"You get him," Zayn covered the pillow over his ears at RyDae's crying, "surprised you even woke up."

"Ha ha," he felt her get up and turned to look at her, "you going to check on him?"

"No, momma says you've got to let them cry it out so they know nighttime is just for sleeping. The next time he wakes up, which hopefully is at four, he needs to eat, so."

"You know, my mom used to do that to me. Let me cry for a few minutes until I went back to sleep."

"WebMD says it too but I coulda guessed that mess," she pulled out her laptop and squinted at the brightness, "black people been doing it for years."

Zayn laughed tiredly. "Are you done looking up baby milestones?"

"I'm not. I'm checking my email," she typed away on the device, "the doctors are giving us more copies of the hand and feet prints, 'cause I want tattoos."

"And you think they'd email you at two in the morning? Goodnight."

"Zayn, you're so mean," the laptop shut and Zayn felt her on top of him, "would you come watch me get it?"

"Yeah. Get two. I want my hand print to go right here," he grabbed her backside and she just moaned lowly, leaning down and kissing him.

"No way, José."

"Who the hell is that?"

"Shut up," she giggled, kissing him again, "I love you, Zayn."

"I love you too, Chi. So much."

RyDae had stopped crying and he smiled softly.

"Years and years of an ancient remedy still pay off in two thousand sixteen."

He just laughed, leaning to kiss her again.

•zayn•

hey you guys😁

anyway, I'm finna start time jumps. next chapter will be six then nine then twelve blah blah blah

oh yeah and uh...there might be five or seven chapters left BYE *zayns*