Chapter 18: Emily

I'd woken alone in bed but the smile on my face was wide as I remembered how nice it was to lay there with Brannon, slowly falling asleep in his arms. I don't think that I'd ever felt this good. As I rubbed my weary eyes, I wandered out to the living area in search of food.

At first, I thought that I was mistaken, then I thought that Brannon had returned. Then I took a better look at the figure that stood by the glass doors. He was looking out over the water, the sun was setting in the distance.

He turned with an amazing smile, one that made me full of fear.

"Hello, Emily, did you sleep well?" The devil asked.

"I did," I said quietly.

"Good. I have come here for a conversation with you about my son."

The coffee machine began to whirr, a cup slid under it as the devil appeared beside the machine. I gasped and stepped back, hitting the wall behind me.

"Would you like a coffee Emily?"

"No thanks."

"Are you sure? This is a great machine, my beloved wife selected it."

"I'm fine."

He turned, offering another smile that had me captivated. Brannon looked a lot like him, his father seemed more distinguished and charming. Well duh Emily, he's the devil, of course he's charming my mind scoffed. It was right, beware of the devil and his smile.

"Please, join me on the lounge."

The devil gestured to the lounge, I glanced from it to him. He could see my hesitation and nodded slightly.

"I know, it's hard, isn't it? You've been warned about me, you've been told to keep your distance. Yet here you are and you're still alive, it's a mystery isn't it?"

You've got that right.

"I am not what you have been told to expect though to be fair, they weren't completely wrong. For the purpose of this conversation and my fact finding mission, I promise that I will not harm you. Now please, take a seat on the lounge."

I scurried past him, sitting on the lounge against the far wall. The devil sat on the next one along, facing me with the same amused smile, sipping his coffee.

"Tell me the objectives of your mission and please, no games, no hiding information from me."

"But it's classified information, do you know what they would do to me if they found out I'd told the devil something I wasn't supposed to?"

"Probably the same as what I'd do to you if you don't tell me."

Well dead either way, it sounded like fun.

"Fine." I sighed. "Mission objective one was to watch and report on everything that Brannon did, who he interacted with, where he went. After telling them about what happened the other day they added another objective which was to get close to him but not involved."

"Who do you report to?"

"A mirror on the wall." I scoffed.

The devil looked at me with a frown and I huffed with frustration.

"I go into what's like an interrogation room, one chair under a light bulb, it faces a large mirror on the wall. I don't know how many are on the other side, I only ever talk to one person. Any notes are passed through a box in the wall. I've never seen anyone regarding this assignment. I was told to report to the offices, told which room to go to and that's it."

Fallen Angelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें