Chapter 85: Brannon

Emily stretched over, pulling the sheet under the mattress. I couldn't detract from watching her, the tight shirt showed her body's movements and when I rounded the bed to help her, I got a great view of her cleavage.

I missed her physically. We'd not been together since our last time on this layer, not even when we were at Nathul's. I craved to hold her against my body, flesh against flesh as we loved each other but there was a hindrance in my plans for tonight. It came in the form of a vampire and his playmate. I wasn't saying anything, mostly because I was grateful that he hadn't decided to ditch me after what I'd done to them at the feeder club. And his sister. But having Luca and Kelsey here was a real pain in the ass.

But it was just one night. Em and I would still be together in this bed, we'd still have sex and tomorrow when Luca and Kelsey went home, we'd have the loud sex that I wanted to have tonight. If I thought that they couldn't stay here because of the lack of bedding, then I was wrong. The lounge that we had ordered arrived, demons bringing down the many pieces of the large suite. They even brought it into the house and set it up, which I was grateful that they did.

So now Luca and Kelsey had somewhere to sleep, much to my frustration. Emily stood from the bed and smiled at me, almost like she could sense my annoyed mood. I could imagine her saying that it would only be for one night and that quiet love was sweet, we would make love rather than the noisy, lust filled sex that was nothing more than our desperate need for pleasure. This would be a coupling that would strengthen our bond, something that I worried was struggling.

Emily would smile at me but I could see the pain in her eyes. She thought that she wanted to know and as much as I wanted honesty in all aspects of our life together, I didn't want to tell her anything about what I'd done with Chloe. It would hurt Emily and I didn't want that. I didn't want her crying because I was such a cold hearted bastard and went against our love. It didn't matter what had happened or what we were or weren't, what mattered was that I loved her and treated our love as if it meant little.

Our pain was raw and only time would heal it. I had to keep the positives in our life going, keep her mind off the past and have it looking to the future. As she lifted upright, Emily smiled at me. This time it was one of happiness, no pain or suffering. I returned the smile and tugged the sheet to the end of the bed. This was new, making a bed. I'd never done it before, previously it was the servants that did things like this.

My mother wasn't one for having a lot of staff around but my father was insistent on a few. The place was too big for one person to clean and look after and she understood that. There were some tasks that she refused to let any of the staff do, other tasks she didn't care for.

But yes, this mere man had never changed a bed sheet in his entire life. I was a little clueless but figured it out regardless. Stuffing the pillows into the cases, Emily tossed them to the head of the bed, kicked off her shoes and laid down. With one waggle of her finger, she had this man complying to her demand.

Kicking off my own shoes, I crawled over the bed and smothered her with kisses as she giggled. That was a wonderful sound, one that made me feel incredibly happy. Settling between her legs, I leaned up on my forearms and stared down into those beautiful eyes. They had remained purple but at the edges was a ragged ring of red that pierced through the purple in a few spots.

"Dinner was wonderful." I whispered against her lips.

Her fingers toyed with my shirt, teasing her way under the material to the skin.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

As my lips pressed to hers, I heard the strangest sound from our lounge room. Emily frowned and pulled away from our kiss, her head turning to the doorway.

"Is that Chloe?"

"Good grief." I groaned.

Our night alone in our new home was turning into a party. Music erupted and I wondered where it was coming from because I didn't have any of my electronic stuff here and neither did Emily. The chinking of glass and cheers of happiness wafted up the stairs, I turned back to Emily who was already looking at me with a large grin.

"I think we have a vampire problem." She said cheekily.

"I think we do. Do you know of any good pest controllers?"

Emily giggled, the smile she gave was beautiful.

"Bran," Luca called out from the bottom of the stairs. "Stop smoochin' the missus and get your pasty asses down here."

We laughed and ignoring Luca, I kissed Emily. Her hand moved over the back of my neck, lacing her fingers through the strands of my hair. Deep and needful, our kiss was slow. I wanted to savour every moment with her, never taking her for granted. I fought for her, rebelled against everything that was right and demanded that the world left us alone to do what we wanted.

As our kiss ended, I stood from the bed and took her hands, lifting her to her feet.

"Do you think that we might ever have a moment of peace?"

"I doubt it." She said dryly. "But a wise man would have a time set to finish the party so that he can take his missus to bed and make everyone jealous with his sexual prowess."

"Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking that we can go down there now, party for a minute and tell them all to piss off. What do you think?"

Emily laughed, wrapping her arms around my waist as we walked to the door.

"I think that it won't work unfortunately. Maybe we could go until midnight. After all, it's been a long day of shopping for this place, we're tired and couldn't possibly go on any longer."

"Sounds like a plan."

Midnight, it was a few hours away but I could give our friends that much. After that, they had to leave and if they didn't then I was going to take my missus to bed and lock the door behind us. There was nothing that was going to stand in the way of our first night together in our new home.