Chapter 81: Brannon

The last time I'd been to heaven, I was only taken as far as the gates. I was ten and for a child that was seen as an outcast to those who dwelled beyond the gates, it wasn't the greatest of places to be. But this was different, we couldn't just walk up to the gates with a sword and a set of angel wings in our hands.

My father had his alternate entrance, one that few knew of. It brought him into the building of the angels, the office where Michael lorded it over his own. Of course the other angels were in here as well, but as to their exact location, I couldn't say.

The woman on the front desk gasped as she stood, her angry eyes bored into my father. With a flick of his hand, she was bound in ice and the unimpressed man carried on. The doors ahead of us boomed loudly as they opened, my father stalked to the desk that held an angry angel.

"Anton!" Michael snapped. "What is the meaning of this?"

Michaels eyes darkened as he looked at the wings in my hands, I dumped them onto the desk in front of him. Blood dripped onto his paperwork, making him angrier.

"You slaughtered one of our own?"

Wordlessly my father dumped the sword onto his desk, staring at Michael. It was enough to say all that he needed to. That we knew he was behind the attack because no one could gain access to Michaels sword without his knowledge. He had given the sword to Arcaedia and it was as simple as that.

"You did this Michael; you are the one who is responsible. We are done, Emily is a fallen angel and the battle is over. Do not enter my dominion without my permission and do not send any angels there either. Heaven is not welcome in hell. This was your doing, not mine."

"It was stolen Anton," He said dryly, stretching back into his seat. "I came back from Hell and found that my office had been broken into. Poor Aliethra was tied up under her desk. She has no recollection of who it was."

His hand flicked at the wings that sullied his desk with the blood of an angel.

"This is unacceptable Anton, this is a crime against our own and I cannot let this pass by without dealing with it."

My father turned to me, silently telling me to follow him and to do it now. We walked through the cold room, the harsh and sterile lines of his modern office. As much as it looked clean and picture perfect, I couldn't stand the place. I liked the warmth that my father's office held, it was cosy and inviting. Curling up on the lounge by the fire to read a book, a bottle of whisky to the side, there was nothing better.

"You will rue this day Anton." Michael called out.

He stopped and turned to look at Michael, the anger bubbling at the surface.

"What? Like the day that Arcaedia changed one of my doves?"

Michael's eyes widened, he knew that what Arcaedia had done was wrong.

"There was no valid reason for his actions, there was no just cause. He changed a demon that was supposed to be bound to my world and released it to a life as a bird. What does the rules say about the untimely release of demons Michael?"

"That it is not to be done unless it is written into their contract." He offered with a dull tone.

"And what is the punishment for anyone who releases a demon in such circumstances?"

"Death."

Michael nodded reluctantly, offering a sigh as he sat back down. With a flick of his hand, he gestured that he no longer had a quarrel with us and that we could go with his blessing. Not that we needed it.

Knowing that the guards would still be on their way and not aware of Michael's change of heart, my father and I slipped through the floors, unseen and unheard. Reaching the warmth of hell, I felt relieved and hoped that our issues would be over once and for all.

Reaching my room, my father set the glass back into the window and the gargoyle back to his spot at the corner of the building. Emily wasn't on the bed and I searched for her, concerned that Arcaedia was nothing but a distraction.

Delaney was in the play room with Cerberus and the wolf, I was surprised that my mother wasn't with them. With the thought that maybe she had to tend to Emilio's needs, I hastened to their bedroom.

I could hear the complaints of an annoyed woman, another that was laughing. Leaning on the door frame, I watched as Emily cleaned herself off with a cloth. She had been changing Emilio's diaper and things had turned a little liquid.

When my mother had finished off the job and went to wash her hands, I watched as Emily talked to my brother. A part of me ached for this life, to create a child with a beautiful woman who loved me. Years might pass but we would have lots of them and I couldn't wait.

Emily turned and saw me, offering a smile. In her arms was the baby, she looked so happy. It was at that moment that I decided that there would be no waiting, we would have sex with the hope that it would lead something this wonderful.

"Brannon," My father said as he walked closer. "There is still some things that needs to be discussed."

"Oh, okay."

"Bring Emily into the study please."

Turning on his heels, my father crossed the corridor and entered his study. I gestured for Em to follow, she handed the baby back to my mother and scurried over to me.

"What happened to your window?"

"Arcaedia turned up, I guess he was the one that was behind it all. He had stolen Michaels sword and was ready to kill you. I sent a gust of wind and pushed him out the window, had a fight and dropped the gargoyle on him. Ripped his wings off and tossed him into the fire."

Emily stared at me, her mouth was agape as she tried to comprehend it.

"So we then took the sword and the wings to heaven, gave Michael what for and came back."

"Just like that, huh?"

"Yep, just like that."

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she tried not to smile. With a snigger she wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned up to kiss me.

"My valiant protector, whatever shall I do to repay you?"

"Well, I guess I could figure something out."

Emily offered a devious smile as she leaned up to kiss me again. With her lips barely touching mine, she teased me and tempted me. Yes, I would definitely figure something out.