Chapter 49: Brannon

Chloe's fingers walked up my torso, deep green eyes followed them. Slowly they emerged from the bubbling water, her hand flattened as it reached my chest. Climbing onto my lap, she removed the whisky glass and put it onto the deck that sat flush with the top of the hot tub.

"Why do you always drink that stuff Bran?"

"Dulls the pain." I mumbled.

I'd lost track of what day and time it was, how many bottles I'd consumed and what I'd done. Or who. Chloe looked at me with that love sick smile and I felt like an utter bastard. If Emily walked back into my life, what would I do? I didn't know, the pain of her walking away and not returning was still hurting so much.

"What day is it?"

My voice was slurred; I could barely see straight.

"It's Friday night, nine pm. Exactly ten minutes after the last time you asked me. For the record, again, we're at the feeder club because you wanted to drown your sorrows without your father frowning at you. Or mine for that matter." She muttered. "And no, no days have passed, it's still the same Friday as this morning when your brother was born. You're missing out on a great time in your life for her."

I could hear the distaste in Chloe's voice, even though I was drunk I could still feel the anger radiating off her body.

"Is Luca here too?"

Chloe sighed, sitting back slightly.

"No. He went home to get Kelsey; said he'd meet up with us later. You know, I'd rather not be in the hot tub with my brother."

"Why are we in here?"

"I have no idea. You said you wanted to come up to this level rather than the others but you didn't say why."

My mind struggled through the fog of drunkenness, fighting to find reason as to why I'd want to come here. I'd always wondered how clean the tubs were, if the water was replaced after each of the patrons had used it. Yet in my odd mood, I'd wanted to give it a go.

As Chloe moved off my lap and to the other side of the tub, I watched with sudden clarity as she lifted herself out of the tub. I knew why I wanted to come here, the pervert in me wanted to see her in as little as possible while trying to pretend that I still cared for Emily.

Brazenly I stared at Chloe, she was undeniably stunning. Hidden beneath the clothes was a svelte body that was proportioned to everything I desired. In one little black bikini that offered little in the way of cover was a rocking body that had me ready to go.

Strands of wet hair draped around her pale skin, deep and full eyes turned to me and saw my ogling her like a horny teenager. Well, I was only eighteen, I suppose I could be a horny teenager. Chloe smiled seductively as she leaned forward slightly, gripping the edge of the tub. The move was a smart one, it pushed her over abundant chest together, creating a line of drool worthy cleavage.

"Like something you see Bran?"

I nodded, feeling like I was in a trance. She smiled harder, shaking her head.

"Shame that you're drunk."

Then the serious Chloe was in place, the mask lowering to cover her desire, her need and in a small way, her hurt.

"You're not getting anything in this state Bran. I like you a lot and I know I've always fluttered my eyes at you and wished for something but I'm not going to accept anything when you're like this. Knowing my luck, you'll wake in the morning and regret it, giving me the sob story that you still love the angel. Newsflash Bran, she isn't coming back. They will lure her in with everything she wants, just to make you suffer. Remember? That was the whole idea of the second part of her mission."

My eyes widened, watching as her lips pressed together.

"Yeah, I know. I heard our father's talking about it. You seem to forget the reality of your situation far too easily Bran. She was only here to watch you and when she managed to wiggle her way into your world, they added an extra mission. Amazing how she managed to complete that part too."

Tears welled in her eyes as she looked to the fixed window to our side, the view of the city twinkled with lights from the buildings.

"I get that you've always had issues, not just with me but with the world and your life. Making it easy for you seemed the right thing to do, even if it was fleeting. Just once would be fun, right?"

A pained laugh escaped, Chloe swallowed what looked like one hard lump. Fighting the emotions, she turned her head and looked at me.

"It could have been fun but then I'd remember that you don't really care. I don't think you ever have. So this is where I say no. I could say go to hell but that's rather pointless. Aside from the fact that you live in hell, I think you're there anyway. You're suffering and I guess that's enough. Just so that you know, I would have never betrayed you or your father. For some reason you picked the one that was guaranteed to do it and I can't understand why."

The door swung open, ending her tear filled speech. Luca stepped into the room, his chest heaving and looking like he had run here.

"Mister Delacroix!"

A woman appeared behind him, struggling to get past him.

"I am most sorry Master Dremain, he ran past the front counter."

"It's alright." I said, flicking my hand for her to leave.

Her lips twitched with a slight scowl, turning away. Kelsey walked casually into the room, closing it behind her. Luca was leaning on the wall, trying to catch his breath.

"Put the lights up." He rasped.

Kelsey turned up the lights, no longer dimmed and sultry we were sitting in a stark room with blaring white lights.

"Chloe, put some clothes on."

She said nothing, shooting a glare at her brother as she walked into the bathroom. Luca waited until the door was closed and then turned back to me. More calm and focused he sat on the wood boards beside the hot tub, lowering to me.

"I saw her." He whispered.

I looked at him rather shocked. His green eyes met mine, filled with a lot of seriousness.

"I saw Emily."