Chapter 74: Emily

Red skinned beast, horns poking through his head with a razor sharp smile. The beautiful devil was gone, replaced with the beast that I'd been taught to fear. This was the true devil.

His towering body stood upright with me skewered on his trident. The flames burned against my body, roasting me as the devil laughed. I was scared, I tried to remember what I'd been taught in my lessons about the devil and hell. All of it was gone, out the non-existent window. What did I have? Nothing but my memories of Brannon.

He was my love; he was all that I had now. No longer an angel, I signed a deal with the beast before me and accepted a life as a fallen angel. A proper fallen angel, one that was born to this life and not fallen into it. I wanted this, I asked for it. This was my life because I wanted acceptance and unconditional love, both of which Brannon gave me. He fought for me, he went against everything just to make my former world sit up and take notice of him. He risked everything for me.

"I love your son."

The beast tilted his head as the smile lowered. It was like he was trying to understand the words but was having trouble. Then I remembered what he'd said to me only a few moments ago.

Remember the truth. Remember everything that has happened and why you asked for this.

Was that a hint? Was that his underhanded way of telling me how to deal with the beast, how to reason with him and ensure that I survived this ordeal?

"You have a son, isn't that right?"

The black eyes narrowed at me, the lip curled as he nodded.

"His name is Brannon and I love him. I asked you to make me into a fallen angel so that I could be with him and not hurt your dominion. I want to be a fallen angel."

The devil's sneer slid away, I could see the confusion on his face as he brought this poor skewered angel to the height of his face.

"Didn't you hear me Anton? I said that I want to be a fallen angel."

My defiance amused him, for a beast that was supposedly hard to reason with, he was easily amused. His mocking laughter filled the dark sky above us, echoing around and bouncing of the walls that couldn't be seen. I thought we were going to stay in his office but we had been dragged into an area of pure black, aside from the circle of fire of course.

"Are you reneging on your side of the deal?" I snapped angrily.

The devil stopped laughing and looked at me, quietly curious. Flames reflected against the pure black of his eyes, even his red leathery skin seemed to have a glowing shine to it.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and remembered what he said.

"You said that there was no devotion with this deal but I am going to offer it anyway."

This perked the devil up, the curiosity had peaked as he smiled at me again.

"I will devote myself to your son, Brannon. I will love him forever because if I cannot be with him then there is no point to my existence. I fought to keep him in my life, I went against Michael to save Brannon."

The mere mention of Michael's name made the devil sneer again, a low growl emerged from behind his clenched teeth.

"I did that because I love him. Now make me into a fallen angel as you promised!"

My demand was met with a smile, one that was a little too sinister for my liking. The devil twisted the trident, I cried out in pain as the tears sprung freely. He turned me over and slammed me onto a bench that had appeared out of nowhere, the trident had me pinned to it.

The agony was unbearable, I sobbed and begged him to stop. But he did not listen. My body convulsed as he sliced one sharp talon over my chest and sternum, between my breasts and continued down my stomach. The only thing that stopped me from moving was the flaming trident that kept me down. One prong was in my chest; the two outer prongs were in my shoulders.

With my torso pulled open, the devil found what he was looking for and pulled it out, tossing it aside like it was garbage. Soft like a cloud, the object burned into a pile of black ashes, slowly dropping to the floor that was an inky black.

One of the devil's reached through the fire and pulled in an oddity that I could not understand. It made a noise and a rather loud one too yet it did not hold any form. It was something yet it was nothing.

The beast held it, whispering words that calmed the figure. It purred with what sounded like lust, wrapping around his neck when he let go of it. Like a smoky haze, it curled around the beast until he opened his hand flat. The figure returned to the devil's palm and sat calmly.

"Hey," I cried out. "I'm in pain here."

He looked at me and laughed, a defiant snigger that told me he didn't care. His gaze of lust returned to the smoky figure on his palm, the devil continued to whisper something to it. The language was nothing that I'd ever been taught.

The smoky figure swirled around the devil's arm, reaching the elbow it wafted down to me.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked, sounding like a protest.

It was ignored, instead the devil pulled the sides of the opening in my torso apart, giving the grey haze easier access to my innards. Pain surged through me, I could feel the burn filtering through me. I cried with the suffering, I understood torment and torture. There was no pain relief, no slowing down. It just got worse and worse.

I looked up at the devil, his happiness was increasing by the second. My suffering by his hand was pure enjoyment for him and I don't know what to think about that.