Chapter 67: Brannon

Steam wafted over the floorboards as Chloe opened the door, she wandered out in a towel. Wet hair trailed lines of water over her beautiful body as the towel was tossed onto the bed. Naked, glorious and curved. Moments with her were always a mixture of good and bad. She was wicked and funny, devoted and naughty. Yet there were times when she was a spoiled brat, a thorn in my side and a general hindrance.

I couldn't say that I loved her. I liked her with a lot of affection but it was not love. With Emily I knew that I loved her, the second it entered my mind, I understood it as the truth. But Chloe could never reach that mark, Emily had set the bar too high and it was likely that no one could ever attain that level.

My heart ached for her, wondering what it was that she was doing, if she had figured out a path. Maybe she was talking to my father, she spoke as if she'd been in hell which was a curious thought. Her time must have been short, maybe long enough to see my mother and my sisters and to see how things were affecting them.

Sensing the lowered mood, Chloe dressed and walked over to me. She sat on the bed in front of me with a dejected look on her face. Tucking a strand of wet hair behind her ear, Chloe frowned for a brief moment.

"What's going on Bran?"

"I have to go. Alone."

She nodded sadly.

"So where are you going to go?"

"I don't know. I just need some time to think about some things. Lots of things. I don't know." I sighed wearily.

"Are you coming back?"

"No." I said softly.

Her head lowered just a little.

"I had fun, thought you did too."

"Yeah I did but I was only doing it to send heaven a message and they got that message."

Loud and clear. As to what happened now, I couldn't say because I didn't know. If I would be punished, that was a maybe. Probably a definitely. There was no way I could convince Emily to remove the spike lock, no amount of sweet talk could do that.

"So you're going to negotiate with them now?"

I shrugged, unsure of whether they would let me enter into negotiations. Or maybe my father would do it, he knew the rules better than I did. He was going to be pissed at me and no amount of remorse on my part was going to help me. If he didn't throw me into the pit, it would be because he loved me and little else. Okay so maybe a heavy frown from my mother, that usually made him into a pliable person, caving to her demands.

Chloe took my hands into hers and smiled at me. I could see the pain hidden in her eyes, she knew that our time together was coming to an end.

"Do you remember that I said you'd be okay? Well I was right Bran, you will be okay. When you find that path, you will know it is right for you. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, you do what is best for your happiness."

Chloe lifted from the edge of the bed and sat on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. I looked up at her and her pretty smile, wishing that I could find a better life for her. One that didn't have an asshole in it. That was me and I was leaving it. It would hurt her but she would get over it. With time, she would move on and find a guy that she could love and hopefully be loved by him.

My arms wrapped around her waist, enjoying this one last moment in her arms. Pressing me to her chest, her hand clutched at my head, teasing the strands of hair in her fingers.

"Bran." She said softly.

I lifted my head and looked up at her.

"I know you're conflicted and all but can I be a little selfish for a moment?"

Even though it pained me to do so, I smiled.

"Maybe. What do you want to be selfish about?"

Her lips pressed to mine, a gentle kiss at first. Clutching her hand to my jaw, Chloe deepened our kiss to a slow and passionate moulding. Her tongue darted against mine, desperately escalating it. She let out a meek whimper as I tugged on her bottom lip.

Moving to straddle me, Chloe settled into a comfortable position and began to undo the buttons on her shirt. I could hear the heavy thrum of my heart as it beat a booming rate through me. My hands ran up her thighs, pushing the tiny skirt over her hips.

The shirt and her bra were tossed to the floorboards; I couldn't detract from her gorgeous form. Taking my hands, she removed them from her thighs that I'd been gripping firmly and put them onto her breasts.

"Maybe one for the road?"

She stood, pushing the last of her clothes to the floor. Sitting down at the edge of the bed, she slid back to the headboard and waited for me to join her. I stood, her eyes grazed down to the strain on my jeans, a carnal smile washing over her face.

"How much do you want Bran? Do you want to fool around or do you want the works? I can give you whatever you want to make you happy again."

Chloe leaned forward, moving towards the edge of the mattress. There she waited for me to join her, patient as always. My foot felt as if it was heavy, unable to lift from the floorboards.

"Tease me." She begged, watching me move closer.

"How?"

My voice sounded husky, like it was a strain to say anything. Her eyes lowered to the curve again, biting her lip she waited. The tips of my fingers grazed the material softly, Chloe parted her mouth like she was salivating at the sight.

"Harder Bran."

Her breathing became more erratic as her gaze followed my fingers over the fly of my jeans, stroking along the length. I ached for someone else's touch, not my own.

With her index finger, she curled it and beckoned me to her.