1: THE START

"Elise, w-what are y-you doing?" My cousin asked.

"Packing! I need to get out of this hell hole!"

"But I thought you loved it here?"

"I lied! All I do is get abused! I need to get far far far away from here! And today might just be my day!"

"But you'll leave your family and me!"

"I know I'm not related by blood to you guys! And now I need to find my real family!"

"No! Just take a small walk for a little bit then come back and then make your decision! Okay?"

"Fine!"

I walked out of the door. I went straight to the park, which was conveniently right across the street. I walked through it a little bit but then I hit someone and fell down. I looked up and didn't recognize them. There were a group of 4 guys. They looked pretty tall. I got up and excused myself.

"I am so sorry. I should have looked where I was going!"I said.

"No worries love. It was our fault also!" The one on the far right apologized.

"Well. I should be going!"

"Wait! What's the matter with your face? Did you get hit!" The one on the far left asked nicely.

"U-umm. I-I. N-No! I just fell don't you remember?" I said. Well, lied.

"Love, that's not from a fall. Those were from a hit! Let us see!" One of the men in the middle said.

I knew I couldn't fight them anymore so I walked closer to them and let them look at my face. They were examining my new and old cuts and bruises. They stopped on my fresh cut my father made this morning.

"You need to get this looked at!" One of the men said.

They didn't sound like older men, maybe in their, I don't know, late teens, early twenties? Maybe.

"I already did. Your looking at them."

"No, you need to see a doctor! These might get infected! Who did this to you?"

"Umm... Just someone!"

"If we told you who we are would you tell us?"

"Maybe."

"Well for starters," the man pulled down his hood, "the name's Harry."

"Nice to meet you Harry." I shook his hand.

"Next, I am Liam" I shook his hand.

"Hello, I'm the Irish fella named Niall." I shook his hand.

"And last but certainly not least! Louis!" He yelled his name. I gave him a high five because he said he doesn't do hand shacks.

"Nice to meet you all. My name is Elise."

"Well Elise, are you going to tell us who did this to you?" Louis asked.

"My parents." I mumbled.

"Speak louder love." They all said.

"My parents." I said lowly in a shame.

"What!" They all yelled.

I just kept my head down.

"Your not going back there. You can get killed!" Niall said.

"I-I got to go! I'm already late! Nice to meet you guys!" I said hurriedly.

I ran off to my house. I opened the door quickly and slammed it shut. I looked around to see my parents angry with baseball bats in there hands.

Rule number one in this house is never leave the house.

I always break it though. I sneak out during the night and just walk around.

Rule number two is no running away.

I've never broke that rule because I'm usually unconscious just 2 minutes in the beating.

I just stood there, not knowing what to do. I couldn't do anything. I was frozen. I looked at my little cousin playing with her toys. We had to take care of her because her parents died. They past away in a car crash with a drunk driver. It was tragic. So she has been living with us for 3 years now. I think of her as my sister. She acts like it also. She also acts older than she really is. She's 7.

I got brought out of my thoughts when I felt the first hit. Stomach. Then another. Leg. I fell to the floor, and they kept hitting me. I didn't cry or scream because no one will help. I've already tried. 5 minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I screamed on the top of my lung to try and warn the person to go away. Fail. The door burst open with the people I met at the park! Wow! How did they find me?

"Why hello!" My mother said sweetly.

"Back away from Elise!" Liam yelled.

I wished they never said my name.

Rule number three is to never tell your name or what goes on in the house.... Always make up lies.

I never followed that one also.

"How do you know her name!" My father said angrily.

He looked down at me and took a swing right in my stomach. I felt something break. Probably my ribs. I started to see black. I need to stay awake though. I looked up to see, Harry running towards my cousin, Liam run towards my father, Niall run towards my mother, and Louis run towards me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm used to this."

"You shouldn't be. Come on. Let's go to the car and get you all healed up."

He picked me up and carried me out to their car.

"Wait! G-Get my c-cousin! P-Please!" I said.

"Ok. Hold on."

He left to go back to the house but then he stopped. I looked around him to see my cousin in Harry's arms. As Harry was walking toward the car I got this wave of dizziness and blacked out.