38: IF I COULD FLY

*Louis's POV*

I heard someone humming a song next to me. I opened my eyes to see that it was Liam. I instantly know what song it was.

"Pay attention, I hope that you listen
Cause I let my guard down
Right now I'm completely defenseless." I sang.

He looked up at me with red puffy eyes.

"It's okay. She'll be okay." I told him.

He only nodded.

"Have you eaten anything?" I asked.

"No, have you?" He asked.

"No. Last meal I had was hotdogs back at camp 3 days ago." I admitted.

"Same here mate."

It's been 10 hours since we arrived here. Elise should be getting out of surgery soon. When they took my blood, and gave it to her, she immediately started breathing again.Niall and Harry took Isla home because a hospital is no place for a young child. There's too many hurt people and some crazy people here also.

"I have to go to the lou, I'll be back in a few." I said.

I got up and walked down the hall and walked inside. I didn't need to go for the 5th time this hour. I just come in here to think, and cry by myself.

"Your Louis Tomlinson right?" Someone asked.

"Yeah. I am."

It was one of the nurses.

"I just came out of a surgery and the last name was Payne. " He said.

"Elise? How is she? Is she still in surgery? How much damage is done to her?" I asked.

"Well, the doctor was just about to go out and tell the family what is happening but since your here, I guess I could tell you. The surgery was a success. She was shot 4 times in the back, and she broke 2 ribs, and she had to have stitches in her left arm." He told me.

"Is she waking up?"

"Yes. When I left she said a couple words. She kept saying shoe and pee." He said.

I laughed a little realizing what she meant.

"She was trying to say Lou and Li. That's our nicknames." I told him.

"Seriously! The nurses are trying to get her to use the toilet while putting on shoes!" He said. "I need to go stop them now."

He ran out of the bathroom and I saw him go down a hallway.

Well, at least that was a little funny. I walked out of the bathroom and I saw Liam smiling. He must have heard the good news. I saw him sit down and start laughing. He must have heard what Elise said when she woke up.

"Hey Pee!" I said to Liam when I got up to him.

"Hey shoe." He laughed.

"Did the doctor say when we could see her?" I asked.

"He said in about an hour or so. She needs to wake up a little more."

I nodded and sat down next to him.

"I will go call Harry now, and give him an update." Liam told me.

"Alright. I'll be here."

Liam walked out of the building and call Harry. I pulled out my phone and started playing some games.

"Hello!" I heard a little girl's voice.

I looked up and saw a girl who look about 5 years old wearing a one direction hat, shirt, shoes, and bracelets.

"Hello! What's your name?" I asked her.

"My name is Jenny!" She said.

"Would you like me to sign something?"

She shook her head.

"Could you possibly sing something please?" She asked.

"Absolutely. Do you have a song in mind?"

"If I could fly."

"If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you. I think I might, give up everything just ask me to." I sang."Pay attention I hope that you'll listen, cause I let my guard down, right now I'm completely defenseless."

"For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart, for when your lonely, and forget who you are, I'm missing half of me, when we're apart." Harry sang behind.

"Now you know me for your eyes only. For your eyes only." Liam sang

"I've got scars, even though they can't always be seen, the pain gets hard, but now your hearing I don't feel a thing" I sang.

"Pay attention I hope that you'll listen, cause I let my guard down, right now I'm completely defenseless." Niall sang.

They all sat down beside me while we sang to Jenny. She was so happy that we got to sing to her. Isla had a smile on her face too. She loved it when we sang. Elise did too. She would love to sing along to our songs with us.

Once we finished the song Jenny hugged all of us and ran back to I guess who was her mother.

"How did you guys get here so quickly?" I asked them.

"We were already on our way when Liam called. Actually we were pulling into the parking lot." Niall stated.

"Perfect timing." I said.

I saw the doctor walk towards us.

"I guess you guys came back to see Ms. Payne?" He asked.

"Yes. We all are very anxious to see her." Liam said.

"Well, she has woken up enough for all of you to see her. And I'll let the little girl slid. If you guys ever leave her room, you have to get the nurse to let you back in. We have quite a lot of police around the building. Also, I have to ask you guys to get an ID. I'll show you where the IDs are taken then I will show you her room." The doctor said.

We all followed him to the desk to get our pictures taken. Once we finished with that we followed the doctor to Elise's room.

"You should go in first." Liam said to me.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He said with a smile.

I walked into her room and saw her asleep. She must be in a lot of pain laying on her wounds. I walked over to the chair by her bed and sat down while holding her hand in mine.

"Your hand fits in mine like it was just for me, but bare this in mind it was meant to be." I sang quietly to myself.