14: CUTS AND BRUISES

*Nicola's POV*

I walked I got the bathroom and went to the mirrors. I looked in the stalls and didn't see her. But then I looked on the floor under the sinks and saw Elise. I saw her in the state I didn't want to ever see her in. I screamed instantly.

She had blood stains all over her shirt. I walked over to her and inspected her a little more. I carefully dragged her out from under to sinks and into the middle of the floor. I lifted her shirt and saw she had huge bruises all over her chest and stomach. I pulled her shirt down and glanced at her wrist.

I pulled her wrist up for me to see it better and I saw that she had more bruises. These ones where more purple and black. These ones also had cuts that where more noticeable. I set her hand down and looked at my hands. They were covered in blood. I couldn't look at her anymore so I backed away, still in shock.

"What happened?" I heard someone ask behind me.

"I-I don't know! I came in here and saw my sister like this!" I exclaimed.

"Have you call 9-1-1 yet?" They asked.

"No. I-I..." I could speak.

I looked up at the person and saw it was a waitress. She was typing something on her phone and put it up to her ear. She was probably calling 9-1-1. I then felt my phone vibrate.

Ruth:
     Are you okay? You've been in there for a long time.

I couldn't reply back to her. I was too in shock to do anything. After a minute or two, the girl got off her phone and looked at me.

"An ambulance is on their way. Don't worry. Everything will be fine." She told me.

All I could do was nod my head. I felt tears go down my cheeks.

"She's breathing so that's good." She said as she was checking Elise's pulse.

I heard people barge into the bathroom and I looked up to see the paramedics. I moved out of the way some more and watched them do their work.

"M'am, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave." A paramedic told me.

I looked up at him and nodded my head. I shakily got up and walked out of the bathroom. I walked towards our table but someone bumped into me. I looked at them and saw it was the same girl who had blood on her knuckles. I couldn't yell at her just in case it wasn't her but it was most likely her.

"Where you the one?" I asked harshly.

"Who? Me?" She asked turning around to look at me.

"Yes you."

"What did I do?"

"Punch my sister." I clenched my fists.

"The slut in the bathroom? Oh no. I didn't do that. She was already bruised up. I just helped her feel the pain."

I was about to punch her but I felt someone hold me back. I turned around quickly to see that is was Liam.

"What are you doing? What's going on? Where's Elise?" He asked.

I just bursted into tears and fell into his arms. I looked over his shoulder to see Elise on a gurney with paramedics carrying her out. I tapped Liam on the back and he turned around. I pointed at Elise and once he saw what I was pointing at, he froze. Absolutely frozen. I looked over at our table to see if Ruth was there and she wasn't. I looked back at Elise and I saw Ruth was yelling at the paramedics, asking them what happened. The paramedics finally made it through the cafe. Ruth came over to us and hugged me. I hugged her back and cried on her shoulder. Then a paramedic came up to us.

"Excuse me. She is allowed to have one person to ride with her to the hospital." He told us.

Ruth and I looked at Liam who shook his head.

"Nicola should go. She saw her in the bathroom so if they ask any questions she would be able to answer them." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

Liam and Ruth nodded their heads and I followed the paramedic out to the ambulance. I sat down next to her and took her hand as the paramedics where doing some tests. I just watched them do their job and hoping she will be alright.