Chapter 3

Chapter 3 (Elinya's POV)

    My memory has never returned after all these years, I also still live and work for Reinya. She have been overly kind to me these past ten years. I could not imagine trying to get around without a good friend by my side. With her, the whole village had accepted me, and I felt like I had a home.

“Elinya,” Reinya called from the stall next door. “Could you please put the bags of horse grain outside into the feed room please.”

“I am on it,” I replied as I finished tacking up my horse. Moving the grain bag would only take a couple of minutes, then I could go and ride after.

Quickly I ran outside, and to my surprise three elven soldiers trotted their horses right up in front of where I stood.

“Excuse me Ma’am,” said one of the elves jumping off his horse to stand in front of me. "I have orders from the King Thraduil."

"And what might those orders be?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip.

"We would like to speak to the master of this barn," the soldier instructed.

"And he is right here," a strange deep voice came from behind me. I turned around to see who it may be.

"Reinya?" I said in a hushed voiced so that no one else could hear me. It was definitely her, but why was she acting like a male was my question. I tried to sustain a giggle as she continued.

"What do you wish Mirkwood soldiers?" Reinya continued in the deep voice.

"The King has requested your horses for supplies," the soldier informed.

"Why would the King need these unwell trained horses when many of his own?" I asked my temper starting to rise. How dare they take our horses from us was all I could think.

"Now Miss, there is a good chance that we will be going off to war and we need more supplies," the soldier stood firm in his place.

"What ranking in army do you have anyways? For all we know you could be a petty horse thief," Reinya asked.

"Because I am," the soldier took off his helmet, "Prince Gorell of Mirkwood."

"I am so sorry Prince I did not recognize you," Reinya apologized, the two of us knelt on the ground, her face flushed with embarrassment.

"You may stand back up," Gorell instructed, "how many horses do you stall here?"

"8," Reinya replied quickly.

"I thought we had 10," I blurted it without thinking.

"We did but Roshroch and Carac passed away last night, and at the moment they are in the far field, from a deadly strain of a virus," Reinya was lying, and I knew she was hinting at something.

"I have heard of a horse named Roshroch before, but I can not remember where I heard this name before," Gorell stated.

"The name must be common," Reinya replied quickly, before turning over to look at me, shrugging. "Why don't you go grab the horses from the field."

I nodded and then walked past her and she whispered "or take the two horses out to the field," into my ear.

Without a hesitation I secretly walked Roshroch and Carac out to the field with their tack.

3rd Person POV

“You do realize that my horses are not for sale,” Reinya was furious she could not believe that three elves were about to take away her horses, storming around in the small expanse of room they were in.

“I am afraid you have no choice but to hand them over to me,” Gorell replied.

“What am I suppose to do about food the? My horses pay for those needs,” Reinya asked.

“I am not sure what you are talking about.”

“The castle stopped sending me food along time ago when they thought that I was too far away to belong in Mirkwood.” Reinya sputtered out, furious.

“Well that sucks,” Gorell said bluntly.

“You son of a...” Reinya started to swear under her breath.

“Of a what?” Gorell asked.

“Arrogant little....” Reinya continued, fuming.

“So what are you going to do about it?”    

"What am I going to do about it?" Reinya was shaking with fury, "You are stealing my horses so, so I am going to....." Reinya paused, a smug smile take over her face.

"To do what?" Gorell cocked his head sideways.

"This," Reinya made a fist and whacked him right on the nose.

In shock, Gorell fell backward. When Gorell stood back up he had his hands covering his bloody nose. “Guards, take him with us and make sure to tie his hands.”

The soldiers came running back to their Prince quickly. As they tied her hands Reinya realized how bad this could actually be.They had no idea she actually female and no longer will they for sure get away with the horses, but she was now going to jail for striking the prince.

After Gorell and his two soldiers grabbed all of the horses, they had left a note for Elinya explaining everything. Then they were off, making the long journey back to Mirkwood.

Elinya’s POV

When I got back to the barn after I scurried the horses to the far field, and to my surprise I found no one was around. I would have been really worried if it wasn’t for the fact that I found a note on the barn door reading:

To whom this may concern,

Your master is a lot of trouble for punching Prince Gorell in an unnecessary fit of fury. At the moment he is being taken back to the Mirkwood castle. Sorry for any inconveniences, but he needs to think before he acts.

Prince Gorell of Mirkwood.

“Oh Reinya,” I shook my head, “Such a sweet elf that need to learn what is right from wrong.”

I was going to post chapter 3 tomorrow, but I got too excited and updated today :) I hope you liked it!!!!!! so Reinya punched a prince, Legolas's brother :P someone is in trouble. Let me know what you think.

And I dedicated this chapter to jenniepotterlv because she was the 500th vote on Elemmire- a Legolas Love Story. Thanks girl <3

Please vote, comment, fan :) thanks

Kt_love and YouCantHandle :)