Chapter 9

Chapter 9 (Legolas’ POV)

"Legolas," Gorell said as he stepped into my room waking me up. “Sorry, brother, I did not expect you to have been sleeping.”

“That is alright,” I reassured, “What is it; is everything alright? And what time of day is it?” I tried to look outside my window, but my sheers were shut.

"Father just said this matter must be discussed urgently," Gorell looked worried, which made me even more curious to see what was going on. “Oh, and I believe it just past midnight.”  

"Then lets meet him now," I said throwing on a robe and walking quickly down to the Great Hall.

Once I reached the Great Hall, I saw my father stand up out of his throne, "Good Legolas, you are here. I just received word from Lady Galadriel that Orcs have threatened war against elves for the stone. We must send our forces immediately.”

“I understand your concern father, I would do the same, but our soldiers are not fully trained. We will lose more elves, then what we could defend off,” I explained.

“I am with Legolas on this one,” Gorell agreed, “In one training session we have not had enough time to train them to their full abilities.”

“How long do you think it would take to ride our entire forces down to Lothlorien?” Father asked.

“A full day if we walk through the night,” I replied, still weary about the idea of fighting beside a group of untrained elves.

“You have one more full day to train,” Father instructed, “because I expect you to be traveling by sunrise tomorrow.”

“Understood,” I said before grabbing Gorell by the shoulder and dragging him out of the Great Hall.

“I can walk on my own,” Gorell argued ripping his arm from my tight grip.

“We don’t have a chance to train all 200 elves all the battle strategies we know in a day,” I said in a hushed voice.

“I know,” Gorell sighed, “but Lothlorien needs us, and what other choice do we have.”

(Elinya’s POV)

I was racing through a densely packed forest as these shadow creatures ran after me with flaming torches. The shadows were the height of men, but wore long torn black cloaks. My mind was racing. The only thing I could do was run; I don’t know what happened to my weapons, but I could only guess that I had dropped them.

Then someone ran up beside me, I could tell she was an elf by her pointy ears. I also noticed that she was the only other not wearing black, but instead what looked like a breeches. As the she-elf turned her face towards me I noticed that she had no face, no eyes, mouth or nose. Even though she made shivers run down my back, I felt as though I could trust her.