Chapter 21

Chapter 21 ~Reinya’s POV~

I peered into the mirror, and blushed a little at my appearance. The pure white dress draped perfectly, and made me look like a princess. I turned to the side, my thoughts wandering to if I wore my breeches underneath, if anyone could tell...

I pushed the thought away, laughing. “Reinya, stop moving!” Elinya whined from behind me, as she was charged with the duty of making my hair look fancy, and was in the process of pinning some delicate looking pins into a braided bun.

I smiled, and sighed at my appearance again. “Sorry, I can’t help it!” I said, resisting the urge to twirl. “I just feel like...a girl.”

“Who just happens to be marrying a prince.” Elinya said, putting the last glittery pin in my hair. “I know.”

“Yeah. I would ask you what it’s like, being a princess, but you don’t have Lady Elemmire’s memories yet,” I said, touching one of the loose locks of hair that curled delicately to my chin.

“Lady Elemmire?” Elinya asked, coming around me to look at me in the eyes.

“Yeah, she was a princess and all.” I said, and then snorted, “Someone King Thranduil might have liked a little more than myself!”

Elinya didn’t looked pleased. “You’re still joking about that? Today you’re getting married.”

“I know. I’m just laughing because last night I overheard King Thranduil trying to persuade Gorell into backing out of the wedding. It was hilarious, especially when I decided to walk around the corner, and kiss Gorell goodnight! The King looked like he was about to blow a gasket!” I exclaimed.

“He will learn to accept you in time,” Elinya was attempting to stick another pin into my hair, “Gesse women, would you hold still!”

“I’m sorry. It’s just, Thranduil,” I sighed, “And I have been standing in the same God Damn place for the last hour; I am starting to get a little bored.”

Elinya rolled her eyes, and continued fixing my hair, “One… more… second,” She finished up the last finishing touches, “Ok, I’m done and you are beautiful.”

I smiled at myself in the mirror once again, and I took a step foward, to examine the finer details of my dress and hair and make-up. The bodice of the wedding gown was covered in very tiny lace patterns, and a sash across my waist, a champagne colour, stood out among the plain white. My make-up was simple, and my hair was pulled back into Elinya’s elaborate braids that twisted into a complicated-looking bun, the glittery, antique looking pins sticking out in random intervals, but still looking beautiful and put together. “I can’t believe I am going to say this, but I look like I could be a princess.” I spoke aloud, “Or at least someone who never had mucked out a horse's stall.”

“If you don’t look it,” Elinya muttered quietly, but not too quiet, because I heard her, “You act it.”

I tried to restrain my snort, but couldn’t. “Turn around, Elinya, I need to braid your hair too!” I announced with glee, motioning to my bridesmaid to turn around.

She sighed and spun around, and my hands went to her hair. I understood why she didn’t want to cut it before; it was long, glorious, silky locks of red hair that looking like flames when we rode our horses around sunset, much to why I was envious of her hair. My hands moved without much thought, and soon half of her hair was braided to one side, and my left hand was holding the braid in place, and my other was pulling one of the pins from the bun, hoping it wouldn’t fall apart, and pinning it in her hair.