Chapter 24

Chapter 24 (Elemmire’s POV)

The elf-Reinya, she called herself, looked shocked, and fell to her knees. “You... Don’t remember the last ten years?” She asked desperately, reaching for me a little, and Gorell placed his hands tenderly on her shoulders.

I shook my head, still trying to place her...She did look familiar, but I still could not find where I knew her. Legolas smiled though, and he came towards to hug me. “It’s been so long!” He said, before pulling me into a tight hug.

It’s been so long? What does he mean? I thought, but the questions passed quickly because soon Legolas was helping me up onto my feet. The last time I remember seeing him, it was before I blacked out. Quite recently, to me atleast.

“Are you sure you don’t remember me?” the elleth asked once again.

“No sorry,” I leaned up against Legolas, it felt like forever since I held him close, even if my memory told me differently. “Though I must say you both look familiar,” I looked from Reinya to Gorell, I strained my memory trying to remember them, but there was nothing.

“Then what is the last thing you remember?” Legolas looked curiously down at me.

“Umm… Well I remember Haldir kidnapping me,” I spoke Haldir’s name with such distrust. I never wanted to see his face again. “Then it is all kind of hazy, but I do remember that we were on some mission to put my Fire Flower back where it belongs.”

“At least you remember something relevant,” Gorell nodded, but his eyes constantly fell to Reinya who looked very concerned and upset.

 Then all of a sudden a beautiful grey gelding walked up in front of me, and bowed. With such elegance, it seemed as if this horse spoke to me:

Lady Elemmire, you may not remember but my name is Neartho. I have a piece of information that might be very valuable to you.

“Go on,” I whispered raising my hand to stroke him gently.

You need not travel to Mount Doom. As long as your flower lives near hot volcano flames you both will live. There is no reason why you must travel to Mordor. I advise you to take the safer route.

“And that is what I will do,” I smiled at Neartho. Everyone gave me questionable looks about who I was talking to. “The gelding, Neartho he goes by, has informed me that we no longer need to travel to Mount Doom.”

“That is good news, but what where else are we going to put your Fire Flower, we all know it can’t live in a fireplace for ever.” Gorell questioned.

“Is that where you have been keeping it? A fireplace,” I asked, but it no longer matter because we had to get it somewhere hot soon. “But anyways, we must return to Lothlorien, there is an archive that can give us the information we need to relocate the Fire Flower’s home. Well that is if it is still there.”

“How did you know this?” Reinya asked suspiciously.

“Before I was kidnapped by Orcs at the age of 5, I would spend days cooped up reading every book I could find,” I explained feeling very confident, “I am almost sure that there is are papers on exotic flowers-.”

“You were kidnapped by Orcs!” The flabbergasted Reinya stood shocked and in disbelief. “What else happened to you before you lost your memory?”

“It is a really long story,” I said, “Best for another time, when we weren’t in dire need of something.”

Reinya grabbed my hand, and pulled me to my feet, and pulled me into a hug. “I’m just glad you’re alright. Not dead, or something.” She said, “I know enough from being around you for ten years that you tend to get into trouble a lot, and I cannot count how many times we’ve come close to death because of you.”