Chapter 11

Chapter 11 (Princess Tari’s/Ravaonna’s POV)

“So they are not warriors?” He asked, looking surprised. “Just highly trained female elves?”

I nodded gravely, sending Arath into the forest. “Yes. I’ve found the Renyon is actually Reinya, and Elinyon and is actually called Elinya.”

“Is that all?” He asked, raising an eyebrow. He knew I was hiding something, something I wasn’t willing to give up. I wanted it all for myself, not giving anything up to his greedy old hands.

“Yes, that is all.” I said in a closed-off tone.

“Do you have any information for me about Lady Elemmire’s location, or her state, being alive or not?” He asked, almost trying to see into my soul, with his searching eyes.

“No, nothing yet. All I have time for is following Reinya and Elinya, and I have no time for this Elemmire problem of yours.” I stated in a bitter tone.

“Then goodnight, dear Ravaonna. Next time I contact you, you better know something about Elemmire, something I can work off of.” He said in a grave tone, staring me down.

“Goodnight, My lord.” I said, as the picture of him faded. I bit my lip to stop myself from swearing aloud. I didn’t want to tell him anything, since I believed strongly that Elinya is-was-Elemmire.

Arath landed on the ledge beside me, sensing my worry. “Darn him, prying in where he shouldn’t be! I want to kill that girl. But he wants to drain her power. She’s not even a wizard! She has no magic!” I fumed, Arath squawking in agreeance with me.

“You understand, right?” I cooed a little, petting his feathers, looking for some comfort.

I stood, walking towards the door into the hall. “I’m going to go and visit Gorell and Legolas. Go kill something, will you Arath?”

In return, Arath fluttered his wings, diving back into the forest. I noticed that the sunset was sending the forest in a golden glow, and I frowned. The night was coming close, and tomorrow the warriors of the Mirkwood Army was riding out to Lorthien. I turned abruptly, my silken dress whipping around me hitting my legs harder then I would think fabric could. I rushed out of the room, knowing I had lots of time to make up for with Gorell, and I need to fortify my hold on Legolas’ mind. I burst into the library, where I sensed the brother’s minds to be.

“Legolas, Gorell, why didn’t you tell me you were leaving for Lothrien!” I gasped, acting like I was horrified by the though, like I was shocked.

Legolas fell for it, but Gorell seemed skeptical. I kneeled beside Gorell, and placed two hands on his arm, which was lying idling on the tabletop, supporting a book. “I know you're concerned for Legolas’ safety. I’ll keep him here, and make sure he is safe.” I told him in a fake earnest tone. “You’ll not have to worry.”

“No, I will worry anyways,” Gorell said in a guarded tone, a distrusting glace down his nose at me. “Your offer is very kind, but I cannot accept it, but Legolas shall come with me, and we will leave tonight, after dinner. It shall fuel us through our journey to Lothrien.”

Gorell’s eyebrows furrowed together in confusion, his mind obviously fighting my spell of compliance I was placing on his mind. “Must he go? I will be so lonely without anyone-”

“You’ll have your sister, Princess Tari, and the King.” Gorell said, snapping his book close, as an almost punctuation to his sentence.

“I hope you understand, Tari,” Legolas spoke up, walking towards me, and I had a sudden wave of disgust. He was being so sweet to me, when he was unknowingly stabbing me in the back. “I’ll write you letters everyday, if I have time.”