Chapter 16

Chapter 16 (Elinya’s POV)

“I managed to catch some squirrel,” Rienya threw the harshly beaten squirrel to the ground before starting to get to work on breakfast. I personally was not a big fan of eating meat, especially poor little animals, but what could I do. We had nothing else to eat and I was hungry.

I stared off into the distance and quickly my mind wandered. I did not even notice Reinya was speaking to me until she threw a small pebble that hit me in the shoulder.

“Owch, what was that for?” I asked rubbing my shoulder. I was surprised by how much the pebble actually hurt.

“You zoned out on me.”

“Sorry,” I apologized attempting to give her my full attention.

Reinya went back to her story, “I was saying that-” I really did try to listen, but soon I zoned out again. Seconds later I felt another pebble hit my shoulder.

“What's with the pebble throwing?” I asked giving Reinya an annoyed look but she ignored it and looked deeply into my eyes like she was looking for something.

“What is going on?” She asked crossing her arms over her chest, “You are not yourself today.”

“I’m fine,” I protested. Reinya did not like my answer and gave her signature stare that always made people saw what she wanted them too. “It’s nothing, now continue with what you were saying.”

“Elinya,” Reinya said stepping her stare up a notch.

“Alright,” I sighed taking in a deep breath before continuing. “It’s just that everything is so confusing. Why does the Nellas stone not work?”

“I don’t know,” Reinya mumbled.

“The Nellas Stone did not return my memory or cure me last night when I was sick. It was the Fire that cured me! ” I was flustered and confused, but most of all I was upset that it did not work. “There is something wrong with me!”

Reinya stood up from where she crouched over the fire, to come and comfort me. I rested my head on her shoulder as she rubbed my back. “We will figure something out.”

“But we have already tried everything, this was out last option,” I murmured.

“I have no idea what to do with your memory loss,” Reinya sighed. Most people see her as tough and rude, but when you really need her she always has your back. Well that is if she likes you. “There is one thing I would like to do.”

“I am open to anything, seeing that at the moment we could not do any worse than this.”

“Then I would like to visit the old friend of mine,” Reinya explained, “The one who made me my enchanted boomerangs.”

“What are we waiting for?” I asked standing up, “Let’s head to Rohan while we still have daylight.”

“There is the Elinya I know,” Reinya smiled, “but first you must eat.” She thrusted me the cooked squirrel. I ate the my half of the squirrel, but I was not too happy about it.

I forced the last little bit of squirrel down my throat just as Reinya finished putting out the fire and hid any evidence that we camped here. The fact that we were unarmed, and without any supplied did worry me.

“Ok, let’s get going,” I stated and we were on our way following The Great River, Anduin to Rohan.

~~~

Hours had passed, and we were still making a long journey by foot to Rohan. Never before do I think I have walked for this long before, but I never thought I would get this tired. I even started to lag behind Reinya because I could not keep up.