Chapter 15

Chapter 15 (Elinya's POV)

I hopped my way over fire that blocked the exit, and with each step I felt pain shoot up my leg. It hurt like hell, but there was nothing I could to change it. Standing only inches away from the hot flames, I studied the fire. I felt a strange compelling sensation to heat.

"I wonder," I muttered under her breath.

"I am open to options," Reinya said standing beside me.

"Alright," I took another step towards the fire so that I was standing directly on top of it. For anyone else, the fire would have burned their skin, but I did not feel a thing.

Legolas's and Gorell's mouths dropped and Reinya mouthed, "Holy Shit."

The fire did not hurt me, if anything it soothed the pain in my leg. I felt as if I had an endless supply of energy. I could do anything, I thought to myself.

"I wanna try," Reinya said stepping into the fire for a split second before jumping back in pain. "Ouch!" Reinya had a large burn running up her arm, I knew it hurt bad, as she clutched her burnt hand to her chest. 

"Give me your hand," I said reaching out. At first she was reluctant and I couldn't blame her, this was all too weird. But when she finally reached her hand out and placed it onto of mine, and ever so slowly I sent a heat wave down my arm and towards her burn. The second the heat touched her burn, the pain gave way and it started to heal, and I heard her sigh in relief.

"How the hell are you able to do that," Reinya pulled her arm away in shock, but I could also hear a little bit of envy in her voice. She studied her wound, it was almost entirely healed, all that was left was a large red blotch where the burn used to be.

"I have no idea," I shrugged.

"As cool as this is that you can stand on fire, but it doesn't help the fact that we are still stuck," Gorell stated, and I let out a little giggle.

"You might be right, but maybe there is something I can do," Thinking quickly I grabbed Reinya by the arm and together we tried to work together and figure out a way for other to travel over the fire.

(Legolas's POV)

"She has got to be Elemmire," I whispered to my brother quiet enough that he was the only one who could hear me, "What other elf would have red hair and ability to control fire."

"Two problems with your conclusion, one she doesn't even remember you and two how would she be able to possess these powers?" Gorell argued.

"Gandalf always said that there was a chance Elemmire could gain great powers," I explained, "and she would not remember me because Halidir gave her the memory loss liquid." I knew my brother could hear the bitterness in my voice when I spoke Halidir's name, he was the whole reason why I lost my love.

"Legolas, it has been ten years, GET OVER HER," Gorell no longer wished to talk about this matter, he knew it would only bring more sorrow to his brother. As if anything could add to the pain now.

"It worked," Reinya cheered, and it brought my attention off of Elemmire. Reinya stood on the on the other side of the flames, without gaining any burns. She smiled, and surveyed her skin, letting out little squeals of joy when she finds there isn't any burns to be found.

"My turn," Gorell said as Elinya grabbed his and together they walked across the fire. I was very impressed by these powers, they were like nothing I had ever seen before.

"Prince Legolas," Elinya bowed formally almost with a bit of mockery, "If I may."

"Let's do it," I forced out a weak smile. Together the two of us walked across the fire. I felt a warm fuzzy feeling shoot through me as I toughed the flames, but it did not last long because soon we were on the other side.