Chapter 19

Chapter 19 ~Elinya's POV - A couple weeks later~

"What?" I asked stupidly, to Reinya, who rode the horse she'd borrowed from Gorell beside me.

She nodded, her cheeks still a little red. "Yeah, it's true. I'm not pulling your leg or anything."

"So, that Reinya I know, is getting married. Not just to anybody, but someone who stole her horses, and just happens to be a Prince. Has Ravaonna come back and apologised for attacking me as well?" I asked, shaking my head at my somewhat glowing friend.

I still couldn't believe Reinya had accepted his proposal. Without punching him, or killing him. She told me that, no, she didn't hurt him at all. She actually kissed him. I had laughed aloud and told her it wasn't funny, and she should stop joking, and then Legolas had come along and glared at her, said, and I quote, "I can't believe my brother is actually marrying you."

Reinya had responded with, "I kept your loved one alive for the past 10 years, so shut up."

It worked, he had shut up.

"Not yet, I haven't heard from the wizard. Maybe she is making an elixir for you for your memory." Reinya said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes just as we trotted into the stables, and dismounted our horses and started to untack them. "Have you told King Thranduil yet?"

Reinya shook her head and then whispered, "We were planning to tell him tonight over dinner, so keep it on the down low."

"What were you planning to butter him all up with a large feast and then break the news to him when he is in a good mood?" I joked placing my saddle on the rack.

"Elinya, you know that King Thranduil does not entirely accept me, I am not of Royal Blood," Reinya quoted the last part mocking the King. Thranduil did not have a soft side to him, but I knew he would learn to respect Reinya. She was worthy of being a Princess, even if she had to threaten a few lives in the process.

"If I were you I would go check on the food preparation," I suggested, "You wouldn't want anything to go wrong."

"Good idea," Reinya agreed giving her horse a pat on the neck before walking out of the stall and bolting it closed. "I will see you later tonight."

Reinya then turned around and quickly walked out of the barn, but just before she walked out of eyesight, and I commented, "You had better be wearing a dress tonight if want to win over Thranduil."

"Yea, yea," Reinya replied just before she turned around the corner.

After I finished putting away my horse, I walked down the hallways in and into my room. Shutting the door behind me I let out a sigh. Then all of a sudden I heard hushed voices coming from the other side of my door.

"What are you alluding too?" I could just make out Lady Galadriel voice.

"You know as well as I do, the Fire Flower Lady Elemmire is connected to can not live in a small fireplace," Gandalf replied.

"I figured that," Galadriel let out a sigh. "We must get her flower back to Mt. Doom."

"No one will make that journey," Gandalf shook his head, "One does not simply walk into Mordor-."

The last bit of Gandalf's and Galadriel's conversation faded out as they walked down the hallway. If what they say was true, my Fire Flower may not last much longer and I was not going to let someone else risk their life for me.

"What am I going to do?" I whispered to myself, "But I can not leave now, Reinya needed me. This was going to be a big night for her and Gorell."

~~~

It was time for the dinner, I was dressed in a beautiful emerald green gown, that I was told was once my own. Also one of the maids graciously brushed my hair so that my long red ringlet curls rested beside my hip. I still don't believe, nor do I want to be a princess, but I definitely looked like one.

"Alright," I glanced one last time into my mirror before I turned to face my door. I was about three strides away from the door when I heard a knock on the door.

"Lady Ele-Elinya," Legolas's voice rang clear, "May I come in?"

"Of course," I said as I opened the door. Legolas stood wearing his dress robes and a small silver crown circled his head.

Legolas's mouth gaped open, "Y-You look beautiful."

My face went a little rosy, "You don't look to yourself."

"It is just I stood here 10 years ago looking at you in the same dress," Legolas looked a little watery, but he held it back.

I had no idea how to reply, I was never going to be able to be the princess he wanted me to be. As much as I liked him, I knew I could never live up to the image he had of me. "Reinya and Gorell are probably waiting for us."

"Right, may I have the honor," Legolas held out his hand and I carefully placed mine on top.

We walked down the hallway into the Dining Hall. Reinya and Gorell had gone all out, the placed looked amazing. Beautiful vines with small white flower wrapped around each of the pillars that stabilized the roof and the tables were beautifully decorated with drapes of white silk.

Legolas walked me my chair and like a gentleman he pulled it out and gestured for me to sit.

"Thank you," I smiled up at him before he walked over to his own seat on the other side of the table.

Reinya sat beside me, and to my surprise she was actually wearing a dress. She looked flawless, the beautiful red gown rested perfectly on her, and her brown hair was carefully braided into a bun. Never before had I seen her looking like such a girl.

"Wow," I whispered in Reinya's ear, "You took my advice and you are wearing a real dress."

"Yes, but-," Reinya lifted up the hem of her skirt high enough so that I could see that she was wearing none other that breeches and riding boots underneath.

"That is more like it," I nodded my head and let out a small giggle.

Soon, the dinner began and we ate the food before us. It was divine, and there was so much of it, and many of the dishes were of things I'd never seen before. I had to constantly turn to Legolas to ask what it was. I once turned to Reinya to ask what a dish was because Legolas had excused himself.

It was at the end of the dinner, when I felt sleepy and content that Gorell stood up, and clinked his glass with a fork. Then held out a hand for Reinya, who gladly accepted it and stood up, beside Gorell.

"Attention!" Gorell yelled, as if he didn't have it already. The whole hall heard turned towards him when he stood. "I've got some important news for you all!"

Everyone now seemed intrigued, many looking inquisitively at Reinya. King Thranduil didn't look furious yet, so I took it as a good sign.

"Lady Reinya and I are engaged," He announced, and a wave of 'ohs!'', and claps went through the hall, and the King didn't look quite so happy anymore, and his glare was icy and locked on the happy couple. "And to wedded in a couple days! You are all invited!"

Gorell turned to kiss Reinya's cheek, and a light blush tinged her cheeks, and she promptly picked up her wine glass and clinked it against Gorell's glass when he proclaimed a toast, and the rest of us mimicked the couple.

As Reinya sat down, I elbowed her. "The King is probably going to want a word with the two of you," I said lightly, laughing. "It'll be an interesting conversation."

Reinya rolled her eyes. "Of course. A King who normally gets his way because he's royalty against me, who always gets my way, otherwise people get hurt."

I giggled. "I still wonder how you got Gorell to fall in love with you." I said, "You punched him, lied to him, stole the Nellas Stone right out from under his nose, and you still managed to get him to love you. You must be part wizard, because I cannot imagine how you would have pulled it off otherwise!"

"Obviously, I had to have done something right." Reinya told me, smiling, "I am marrying him. And he must've done something right as well, to convince me into saying yes when he proposed."

So what did you think of the chapter?!?! Gorell and Reinya are getting married :) :) but Elinya just found out that her flower can not live in a fire place for ever!!!!! What is she to do?

Please keep those interview questions coming in (even if they are random I will still include them) :)

Please vote, comment, fan :) thanks