Chapter 23

I think, my reader, you are going to like this chapter even though it is short, (I think it is one of my favs.) But read it and let me know what you think :)

Chapter 23 (Reinya’s POV)

The gelding guided us throughout the night, and into the brown lands. The sun was just rising over the horizon when Legolas pulled his horse to a dead stop behind me.

“Keep up,” I yelled, “Otherwise we might lose the gelding and all our chances of finding Elinya.”

“I-I can’t,” He stuttered.

“What do you mean you can’t,” I asked sliding my mare to a halt. “Urge your horse forward with your heels, and lets keep moving!”

“You don’t understand! Just over that hill,” Legolas pointed directly in front of us, “Elemmire and myself killed six warrior Orcs from stealing her Fire Flower and then I-I-.”

“Save the heroic stories for later and lets get going,” I rolled my eyes, “Or I am going to have to grab you by the arm and drag you with me.” I turned my horse back around to catch up with the gelding.

~~~(Elinya’s POV)

I sat there on the dead grass all night and until morning came around. I had a good feeling Naertho was coming back soon, but as each hour past I became more skeptical.

When I had almost given up, I stood up and noticed far off in the distance a flash of white. “Neartho,” I exclaimed, “I had thought that you had left me here to die.”

I would never do such a thing. His voice rang in my head as he trotted right up in front of me.

Once he was close enough I stroked his muzzle, “So are we going finish are travels to Mordor.”

We will see… I have brought two gifts for you. One is a piece of information that I will share with you soon, and two is just over that hill.

“What gift would you have traveled so long to retrieve?” I asked, giving a quick glimpse over the hill and then putting my attention back on Neartho.

Then I heard a voice which brought shame to my actions, because I ran away from her. “Elinya,” Reinya called out, “You are alright.” She gallop her horse until she was feet in front of me before dismounting her horse and wrapping her arms around me into a large hug.

“Now why on earth did you run away?” She stated frantically as if she was my mother, “And why did you think it was a good idea to do this? And how did your gelding know to find us? And where did you find the Mearas anyways?”

“First off his name is Neartho, and he found me,” I answered, “He was also the one that told me I was destined to start traveling to Mordor.”

“You frightened all of us!” Reinya said engulfing me into a hug one last time, totally ignoring my last comment.

Just over my shoulder I noticed Legolas and Gorell trotting their horses towards us. ‘Oh great, not them too,’ I thought, ‘I am going to have to thank Neartho later.’

Reinya released from the hug to go retrieve her horse who had started to wander off. I really had no idea what I was going to say. I felt so bad for doing this to Legolas, but I really thought it would be for the better. I guess I was wrong.

 Legolas dismounted his horse and walked over to me, he didn’t speak. I could tell he was disappointed in me, but he sure did a good job of hiding it. Then I tried to apologize, “I am sorry. I didn’t realize how selfish I was until now, for making you worry this much.” At first it was only a single tear that rolled down my cheek, before more came pouring out.