Chapter 20

Chapter 20 ~Elinya’s POV~

“Where is the library?” I asked out of the blue, startling Legolas, who was escorting me back to my room after the dinner.

"Down the main hallway, and to the left," Legolas answered with a slight chuckle.

"What is so funny?" I was confused by his laugh.

"Nothing," Legolas sighed, but I gave him a look daring him to answer. With a sigh he continued, "Elemmire would have asked me the same question. Your- I mean her mother always told me that it was difficult trying to get Elemmire's nose out of the books."

I nodded, a weird feeling rushing over me, with the topic of Elemmire. Who I was, once, before I forgot my memories. I thanked Legolas and walked down the hallway, keeping my eyes to the left, and watching for the library’s doors. I spotted them, and made a beeline for them, my hand clasping around the smooth handles, worn from centuries of use.

Entering the library, I walked past all the rows, until I found the one I wanted; geography. I walked down the row quickly, my eyes picking out the book I was deeply in need of; Mordor and Surrounding Areas.

I plucked the book by the spine from the shelf, before quietly retreating to a somewhat hidden corner of the library, just in case Legolas come to check in on me, since I didn’t want him to know my plan. I needed to take the flower back to Mount Doom before it wilted again, with my life.

I flipped through the pages, trying to find some information of value that would aid me on my trip.

(Reinya’s POV)

After the announcement, the guest slowly started to leave. Each gave their congrats before walking out of the Mirkwood Castle. Myself, Gorell and Thranduil were the last ones left in the grand hall. I was nervous to hear what Thranduil’s idea on the wedding was going to be, but what ever he said would not change my heart.

“Gorell; Reinya,” Thranduil said in a quiet voice but as he continued it became louder, “You have only known each other for about two weeks, the both of you are rushing into this.”

“Well, actually we have know each other for a month, but until two weeks ago he thought I was a dude,” I commented quietly to myself.

“Father, with all due respect, I know in my heart that this is the right thing to do,” Gorell spoke in a kind and calm voice, “And besides, look at Legolas. He never got the chance to marry the one he loves, and he probably never will.”

I swallowed back a large lump in my throat. Having the one you love taken right under your nose, and then sent back without out a memory of you at all. I couldn’t imagine how hard it must be for Legolas, and the worst part is I have been so mean to him. Legolas is a big boy, he will have to get over my rudeness.

“Why can’t you wait a little longer,” Thranduil protested, “I heard that Arwen, Lord Elrond’s daughter has just turned of age.”

“This isn’t about rushing into things at all,” Gorell was furious with his father, “This is about you not liking Reinya.”

Thranduil did not speak which just made the situation worse. I didn’t know whether I should stand and watch this conversation roll out, or if I should make a run for my bedroom chambers.

“I know I am not your favorite when it comes to marriage with your sons,” I spoke up, trying to keep the tremble from my voice. The truth was I was actually scared of King Thranduil, “But do you care about your sons’ happiness? Then I suggest you...either talk things out, or try to support them in their decisions.”