Chapter 14

Chapter 14 (Elinya’s POV) A couple hours after the battle had started

The battle had started off organized, but then it was a fury of clashing of metal, and the flying of arrows. Reinya had pulled me to the back to the back of the pack, and watched the battle like a hawk.

“There!” She whispered loud enough for me to hear, and pointed to the far edge of the battle where they fought closest to the cave which contained the Nellas Stone. A couple running figures moved towards the cave on foot, and Reinya cursed under her breath. “Orcs. Let’s move!” She yelled, kicking Carac in to a fast gallop, and Roshroch was not too far behind.

I looked behind me, trying to see if Prince Legolas and Gorell had noticed our weird ‘battle’ movements, but the two princes hardly noticed anything except the men they were fighting with. I turned back around, and Reinya was ahead of me, pulling a boomerang from her belt.

“Stay close until we reach the Orcs.” She demanded, and I complied, know better than to disobey her when she was fighting.

“Alrighty. How many are there?” I asked, but a voice in my head already said the number, even if I couldn’t see them yet, and it kind of irked me, but I shrugged it off. Four. There were four Orcs.

“I think...” Reinya answered, “There are four. One for you, one for me, and one each for Roshroch and Carac!”

I was surprised I was right, or the little voice in my head, but I kept quiet about it. “I am not letting Roshroch fight.” I told Reinya, only a couple hundred meters away from our targets now.

“Alright, I’ll take Roshroch’s Orc.” She said smugly, sending me a joking smile, before stopping Carac and dismounting her horse. “Let’s fight!”

The Orc’s turned at her voice, not suspecting there to be elves coming after them. Reinya raised her weapons and threw them, and they spiraled around, the Orcs stupidly watching them, and the two farthest away were beheaded, and the now blood-coated boomerangs returned to Reinya’s hands.

“Elinya, are you going to stand there all day, or are you going to fight?” Reinya yelled at me, and I shrank back a little, hearing a little anger in her tone.

“I’m going to fight!” I yelled back, getting my confidence together as I leaped at the closest Orc, who swung it’s sword at me.

The Orc was clumsy, and I easily slashed my sword down on it’s right arm, causing it to scream as it’s arm fell to the ground. I swung my sword up, dragging the tip across it’s chest, and slicing off the other arm. The Orc squealed in pain, falling backwards. I pushed my sword to the Orc’s neck, ready to end it’s life when...

I stopped.

I just froze all the way up. I couldn’t end a life, even if it was an Orc, I couldn’t take the life.

“Kill ‘em already Elinya!” Reinya yelled, walking up beside me. “He’s just a dirty Orc.”

“But...” I complained, looking down at the withering body of the Orc.

“No, Elinya,” Reinya cut me, off, clapping me on the shoulder. “It’ll die anyways. You cut off it’s arms, so it’ll bleed to death, and if it doesn’t then it’ll come after you and kill you.”

I shuddered, and closed my eyes, bringing my sword in the motion that would kill the Orc. It was finally silent. Reinya nodded beside me, and mounted Carac. “Let’s get the stone now,” She said, as if this task was nothing to her.

“Alright.” I said, still shaky from my first kill.

We rode closer and closer to the caves, and at one point, when I turned to look, I saw that the Orcs had fled, and the battle had ended for now. The Princes were behind us, but we could not be seen by them. Yet.