Part 20

*Monicas P.O.V*

I was still driving but I didn't know where to but I was going. I was driving for a while until I saw a sign that said 'WELCOME TO NEW YORK'. I looked down and saw that the truck was almost empty I checked my pockets and only found my phone I didn't have money so I pulled off of an exit and pulled into a random place and started going through the truck I couldn't get the middle console open it needed a key that I didn't have so I looked in the glove compartment,nothing. There was no money in this truck I started the truck up again and I looked at the keys where there was multiple others,one that goes to the house one to her shop and another I didn't know where it went to but I turned off the truck and I put it into the middle console and turnedit. It opened. There was a HUGE yellow envelope in there so I opened it and the was a lot of money inside of it. I started up the truck again and drive to the nearest gas station where I grabbed $200 dollars out of the envelope and went inside the gas station and grabbed protein bars and water "$180 Diesel pump 6" I said as he rung up all my stuff and gave me $4.25 back and I said thanks and walked out. I pumped my gas into the truck when I felt someone tap on my shoulder.

"Hey baby" some guy said while wobbling closer to me, he was at least 6'3 and big a muscular. "Please stop" I said while backing away from him. He pinned me against the truck and was about to put his hand where it shouldn't go. So my 'instinct' was self defense...
I elbowed him right in the jaw and heard a wild crack and kicked him really hard where the sun don't shine,don't think he'll have any kids, his balls are probably in his throat.

I got in the truck and started driving again. I'm on Long Island right now, and I always wanted to go to Montauk to see the light house and go to the beach.

I drove through the Hamptons, I'm gonna live here one day right on the water in a beautiful beach house with a beautiful view of the water. Then I remembered about my dad, God takes the best people. Everything happens for a reason,he's in a much better place now "I love you dad" I said out loud and kept driving while blasting music.

I got to the beach and paid the $15 to get in since I had a truck it cost more to park for some odd reason but that's okay. I got out of the truck and started walking to the beach taking a path that's like a memorial for 9/11 it was beautiful with purple,red,yellow,pink flowers. I finally made it to the where the board walk was so I walked to the sand dunes and just sat there thinking about life.

"It's absolutely stunning" I heard a deep voice say behind me. I jumped up and turned around to let my eyes meet with the one and only Grayson Dolan.

"How are you here right now,why are you here right now?" I asked sitting back down

"I followed you to make sure you were okay,I'm so sorry about everything Monica about your dad,about bullying you,about bout everyth-" I cut him off "Everything happens for a reason, if it weren't for you I wouldn't be where I am today I spent my life believing everything you guys said so I wanted to change for the better,my dad, he was great, even though I never really talked to him much since he was never home but I never stopped loving him,and talking to him would never get old when I had the chance." I said while he was just sitting next to me while I stared at the water with the breeze going through my hair.

He was just listening to me.

"My dad has never been to the beach before, which is sad because it's the most beautiful place in the world" I said "I love the beach, the sand in between your feet and the water" he said "what about your mom?" He said "What about her?" I asked "you said you didn't have anybody" he said
"Uhm you want me to be totally honest with you?" I said to him

"Yes" he said
"Well my mother was ashamed of me." I said still mesmerized by the ocean
"What do you mean?" He said
"Uhm well when I was bigger my mom said she was embarrassed to be my mom or even be seen with me and she used to hit me but I took it since I would never hit my mom and my brothers they just suck I got hit by them all the time and made fun of." I said to him "but life could be worse ya know?" I said to him not even looking at him still.