Guilt and Trust

Oh My! Fire in the Woods!! Save your lives everyone

And enjoy reading XD

Warning : Contains explicit content

I WAS AWARE OF the burning sensations.

The smell that came along with it.

The hissing sounds the fire made around me.

But what I wasn't aware of was the agony.

I couldn't feel myself getting burnt. Of being trapped in those flames as the fire swallowed me.

I had waited for it. Braced myself to feel the pain.

But it didn't come.

Wasn't I supposed to feel pain while being burnt? Or had my fear numbed my mind too much for me to feel anything?

If so, then I was grateful to my fear. To my phobia.

I won't feel it when the sparks of hell enraptured me within them.

I'll go away painlessly. Die peacefully.

I smiled. Or at least I tried to. But I couldn't.

Slowly, I became aware of my environment.

"Aria! Aria!"

Someone was calling my name. But it wasn't my name, though it sounded like it should be.

I was floating in the winds. Strong muscular arms supported me from under my knees and my back.

I was being carried.

My eyes were already open, they'd never closed but now my vision was coming back to me.

I was able to see past the black cloak of fear layered with golden lights of fire.

Other senses were coming back as well. Fear left me, dropping me back into reality.

"Aria, look at me baby." I obeyed the shaky voice and looked at its speaker.

Delos.

He was alive!

But how?

I took a moment to savor his view of healthy and alive, running wildly.

No more branches between us, no more of ghostly pale skin, no more bluing of lips.

He was well, he was alive and so was I.

"Delos" I gasped out his name like a prayer.

It made him stutter in his steps but he kept running, never losing his speed, even with me in his arms.

"Fuck! You scared me babe."

"What happened? How did you get free?"

"The tree. It caught fire. All branches and stems lost the hold on me. As soon as I was free I looked at you. And you were.." He trailed off with a painful expression on his face.

"You were lying there motionlessly. I was so scared. I thought one of the branches stabbed you somewhere. I check you. You were... trembling and hyperventilating. I didn't know what was wrong with you."

"I'm arsonphobic, Delos"

He just nodded dejectedly.

"You can drop me now. I can run fine."

"I can't stop. I need to get us a safe distance. Fire's still out there."

I didn't argue with him. There was no way I could escape from a forest-fire by myself.