Rosanne {9}

THE FIRST THING I saw when I opened my eyes made my jaw drop to the floor.

It was her.

My safety net, my parent, my care-taker, my best friend who I hadn't seen in last four years.

"Arianna!"

Her name came out as a cry along with the tears.

Just the sight of her, so beautiful and proud, was enough to take me over the edge again.

She immediately landed into my opening arms.

With my soul sister in my arms, it felt like everything was right.

As if we were back to our high school giggles and cussing games.

As if she'd never left me.

As if the Brooke had never existed.

"H-how did y-you-" I stammered, unable to ask the question forming on my lips. I doubted I was capable of saying anything at this moment.

But she understood me. That was us. "I'm listed second in your emergency contact. Maggie is in London so they called me."

I nodded. Shuddering in the comfort she provided.

"Oh my god Ana I'm so sorry darling. I didn't know anything I swear, I don't remember."

We both cried leaning into each other like soulmate who met after being separated for an eternity.

I was too overwhelmed to clear her guilt.

She kept apologizing to me. For sending me whenever she sent me.

Once my emotional attack subsided, I told her it was all okay.

"I know you don't know. I know you don't remember and I'm glad you never went there. If I had to go again on your behalf, I'd do it in another blink."

This one it was her turn to let out uncontrollable streams of tears.

"Dammit Rose, why can't you save all that romance for the hotshot blue eyes. Don't waste it on me. I did nothing to deserve so much love from you."

She was so wrong. She was all I had when I had lost my parents, my old life.

If it weren't for her, I'd had been lost into the sea of sadness forever.

But wait, did she say hot-shot blue eyes?

"Who are you talking about?" I asked her.

"Me of course."

Diego came in to the view with a heart-dropping smile on his face.

My first reaction was to smile back without realizing it.

My second reaction was thinking how much similar he looked to Delos.

Third reaction was the cringe ignited from the hurt of betrayal and longing I felt for Delos.

Diego must've noticed my expressions. Something told me he was used to read me easily.

The silence became much grave between us while Arianna just flickered her gaze back and forth between us.

She was a little too slow to feel the sudden change of atmosphere in the room, even for a blonde.

"Uhh.. so will someone tell me what is exactly going on? All this hottie here told me was that you went to some kind of dystopia on my name which resulted you in a hospital bed with half a memory."

I groaned preparing myself to talk for the longest time ever.

After Arianna and Diego settled comfortable in the room, I began my ghost story.