Chapter 48: Sakura

Sorry for such a long wait! Hope this chapter isn't too boring, as it answers questions and may even raise new ones. Thank you and enjoy!
_________________________

Samantha sighed shakily in relief.

"I have a good assumption about what just happened but maybe you should enlighten me further." Kakashi stated in a serious tone.

"Look, that scroll isn't a Haruno scroll. It doesn't even use Haruno chakra." Samantha spoke solemnly in her defense.

I perked up at this information. This was the first time Samantha was directly talking about Haruno lineage. A tired voice cut through the air, halting my thought.

"That was not something a ninja should know. I have no idea how you learned that." Kakashi sighed, his voice muffled as he rubbed his face in exasperation.

"You forget that I was with that damn snake for the longest time. I was bound to pick up a few things." Samantha chided, her voice calm and soothing.

Kakashi sighed yet again.

"You've changed so much since I've known you." He simply stated.

"I know. I'm just a tad bit corrupted by the dark evils known as forbidden jutsu." Samantha retorted sarcastically. I could hear her rolling her eyes.

She continued on, and what she said next centered my attention.

"Look, I'm not a Haruno in any aspect. Sure, I have the name but I'm not naturally gifted like them. My own strength just matches up to a Haruno standard. That jutsu I did, turning my chakra into an invisible source of electricity and combining it with medical knowledge to shock Itachi's heart. That required an unimaginable precision concerning chakra control. That chakra control is a product of my training, not my genetics." Samantha finished in a strong voice.

"Everyone assumes that you carry the same extraordinary genetics of the clan, when in reality you don't." Kakashi summarized.

"There is a lot I've done as a rogue ninja. Even when I was barely starting out, I knew I didn't want any part of being a Haruno. So, I altered my DNA, ridding myself of any bloodline traits. I'm just as much as a Haruno as you are, Kakashi." Samantha lightly joked at the end.

"That's why you were with Orochimaru."

"Perceptive as always, Kakashi." She spoke, a smile in her voice.

Samantha cleared her throat before continuing.

"The reason why Harunos are so sought after is because unlike a normal ninja, their chakra system is not a separate entity. Their chakra system is infused with their circulatory system. That makes Haruno blood the equivalent of a highly reactive strong type of chakra substance. So along with normal chakra, their blood is also in essence, chakra. Blood is a weapon, making a Haruno the perfect candidate for becoming shinobi." Samantha paused as Kakashi interrupted.

"That's why we collect any blood Sakura bleeds. She's actually bleeding powerful chakra in combination with her blood."

I heard the swish of long hair, indicating Samantha's nod in response.

"The blood itself is rare, being of an almost completely deceased bloodline. Even more so, the chakra within it is extremely rare. Sakura is rare. Her blood alone, could do powerful things in the wrong hands." Samantha finished with a heavy exhale.