Ch.32

Currently, I am in the bathroom, huddled in the bathroom, terrified out of my mind, and did I mention I was huddled in the bathroom?

Normally, I wouldn't be that scared of random things, but that thing I had seen was creepy.

It gave me the shivers. I'm shaking right now.

It's been a 2 months since I've been here, and Itachi and Samantha had finally begun to some-what trust me.

And that was the time to escape.

Since it was starting to get cooler in the night, the sun went down faster and I took this oppurtunity to make my escape. 

I had started to pack my things as silently as I could, cringing every time the floorboards groaned.

The room I'd occupied hadn't been used in a while I guess.

The door shut silently as I glared at it, making sure that it closed all of the way quietly.

Stepping into the hallway, I glanced for any observers and my eyes fell on a specific room door.

I looked longingly at Samantha's room door, where inside my Leaf headband had been placed.

In a safe.

With a lock.

And no key.

Since Itachi had conveniently swallowed it when Samantha had hidden it in his food.

I tried making him give it to me but the key wasn't going to come out by force any time soon, and I am NOT waiting on Mother Nature to help me with this one.

Itachi also is guarding the safe anyways, since Samantha thinks I won't leave without it.

I looked sorrowfully at the ground.

That headband had been through everything with me.

It was actually there for me.

Sighing heavily, I went to the kitchen and opened a cabinet, cheering internally when it didn't squeak, since I had oiled the hinges earlier. I smirked at my success in getting the oil.

**Flashback

"Samantha do you have any oil? For my hair? I was hoping to take care of it since I obviously won't be leaving for a while.. Plus, I was hoping to make it look like how it was when it was longer.." I asked, whispering the last part.

"Sure, as long as you give it back." She answered emotionlessly, handing me the bottle that appeared out of no-where.

** End of Flashback

I made an inaudible grinding sound with my teeth when I remembered I didn't have any kunai, shuriken, or senbon.

Samantha had actually been slipping random items in my food. Like chakra restrictors. It's a powder that is odor-less and taste-less and it only allows you enough chakra to survive. Not enough to do any jutsus. Well, I won't be needing it, since civilization is about 8 miles away.

Shrugging it off, I swiftly placed whatever I could fit into my kunai pouch, since Samantha would suspect me if I had a backpack, and turned around, eyeing my appearance in a nearby mirror.

My usually bright eyes looked tired, and cautious, if that was even possible. I was wearing a plain pair of black sweatpants that cuffed at the ankle, and a plain white v-neck. My bubblegum pink hair that earned me many teases in my childhood, was now past my shoulders.

Instead of going the obvious way a ninja would go through, which would be the window, and the place Itachi and Samantha would check first, I casually strode through the front door, praying it wouldn't screech or some random alarm would be triggered.