Ch.36: Sakura

LOL if Sakura had Instagram

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2007/071/d/8/Sakura_Haruno_by_silvair.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of making a smarter choice and continue travelling in the trees, I decided I needed to travel on the main path.

"And that helps us how?" My Inner concious chimed.

"It beats getting lost." I replied.

"You aren't the smartest you know. That may not be a good idea." Inner warned.

"Oh well."

And with that, we were on our way to the main path. I quickly looked down and realized my clothes were just barely hanging by the threads they were sewn with.

"So much for durability needed for ninjas." I snorted, quoting what the saleman had told me when he sold it to me.

Maybe he thought I didn't need anything more durable, since I was barely on my way to becoming a Chunnin.

I sighed and slipped off the pack given to me by that lavender haired girl. I opened the first zipper and saw the usual: bottle of water, more chakra pills, first aid kit, blank scrolls, a pen that uses paint instead of ink, ect. That girl must've been really analytical if she had packed every single item. The thing was, she packed everything a Jounin ninja would need in a bag.

Well, I guess it is flattering she thought I was Jounin. On the fourth try I found a pair of clothes that looked not just a bit, but exactly like the ones I was wearing.

Even the dirt spots were in the correct places. The only difference was that the ones given were probably going to last a while.

"I think it would've been a wiser choice to have been more cautious of her, she seemed dangerous." Inner noted.

"Too late, I guess." I mumbled.

I slipped on the new clothes and was looking for weapons when I saw it. The thing I've been needing ever since Atsui chased me.

It was shoes!

They were tall shinobi sandals. The bottom was normal but the usual part where the shoe stops at the ankle wasn't there. Instead it went higher and higher until it reached a little below my knees.

I winced as the gauze around my ankle was tugged because of the shoe but proceeded slipping it on. My other foot, still had the thread around it so I untied it and slipped the other shoe on.

The Red Thread ended up taking the place of my headband. I breathed in and exhaled heavily and tied it in my hair. I don't know why but it felt.. Like it took a lot of effort to replace it. The one thing that identified most of myself and what I stood for. My Hidden Leaf headband.

Shaking off the feeling of unease I stepped forward and inhaled the fresh air beyond the trees. A dirt path marked the way I needed to go but no one else was there.

"Seems as if where ever you go you'll always be alone." Inner noted quietly.

I didn't respond. I just kept walking. After an hour of walking and breaking in my shoes, I passed by an elderly couple. They looked like they were travelling but were lost.

"Is the ninja finally making an appearance?" Inner questioned.

"Well, I just noticed they were travelling because of their packs and they were lost because they're holding the map upside down."