t h r e e

joey

I woke up to the sound of sirens. I was still sitting on the bathroom floor, but with a boy I have never seen before.

X: You are awake. Are you okay?
J: W-what happened. Who are you?

The boy grinned at me, and blotted his lips.

X: Preston got arrested. He almost shot you, but I came and saved you. I'm Daniel. I live a couple floors above you.
J: How did you know he was here?
D: You're friend Shane called for help.

Daniel rubbed my shoulder and gently whispered in my ear.

D: You're lucky that Shane knocked on my door, or else you would have been a goner.

I started to stand up when Shane came in the bathroom.

S: Hey Joey, how are you?
J: I'm okay, I guess.
S: Good. They just got Preston, and are on the way to the police station.

I felt relieved. He was finally gone. He was out of my life again.

S: I think Troye is here, Joey. I will be back.

Shane squeezed passed the pile of stuff I used to block the door, which was basically my dresser, tables, bed, and any junk I found lying on the floor.

Daniel was still sitting next to me. His piercing green eyes gazing at me.

J: Thank you for saving me.
D: No problem, Joey.

He was perfect. His lavender hair, and his perfectly shaped lips.

D: I guess I better go-
J: Can I see you again?
D: Of course, Joey.

Daniel smiled exposing his teeth and making his jaw line even sharper.

J: Can you come over tomorrow?
D: Sure!

I stood up and followed him out to the living area seeing Shane, Troye, and Connor sitting on the couch.

T: Hey Joey! Are you okay?
J: I guess so.
C: You're lucky he didn't hurt you.

He did hurt me. He damaged me inside. I thought I knew what love meant. I thought Preston and I had love. I thought I felt love inside, but all of that has turned to regret.

J: I was scared, but thank Shane and Daniel for saving me.

I looked back at Daniel, his smile growing bigger.

D: Bye guys!
J: Bye Daniel, thank you.

Daniel closed the door, and I looked over at Shane.

S: I have to admit, I wouldn't have been able to save you. Daniel was very good at throwing punches.
J: How did you find him?
S: I panicked. When I saw Preston wasn't there and the door was open I knew you were in trouble. I ran screaming and the only person who actually came to help was Daniel.

My eyes began to fill with tears, again. That handsome boy, took his time to save someone like me.

T: From now on, I am never leaving you alone. Sorry Connor.
C: That's okay, Troye. That's why I love you, you care about others.

I rolled my eyes.

J: Aww see, that is your Daddy, Troye.
T: HES NOT MY DADDY.

Shane and Connor left and it was just Troye and I.

J: I was scared Troye. I thought Preston was going to abuse me again, or worse. I thought he was going to kill me.

T: Why the heck did you steal my rifle. I told you that you weren't allowed to touch it!! Seriously Joey I thought I could trust you.

I jumped, due to the tone in his voice.

J: I- I am so-
T: I'm just messing with you, Joey. I'm so proud of you.

He smiled and started to play with my hair.

T: Do you want to do something tomorrow? I had plans with Connor, but if you'd rather do something than sit around here by yourself-
J: I'm actually seeing Daniel tomorrow so..

I looked at Troye and his eyes widened. My cheeks turned a hot pink, and a slight grin appeared on my face.

T: You like him don't you?
J: No. I mean I don't know. He saved me, you know?
T: Well you have fun tomorrow, Joey.

He got up off the couch and I followed. Troye went to his room and I went to mine.

T: GOODNIGHT JOEY!
J: GOODNIGHT TROYE!