t w e n t y s i x

(A/N: Italic speech = Justin
Standard speech = Joey)

joey

I sat in the waiting room in the front of the building, crying.

Suddenly, a charming man approached me with a grin on his face. He sat next to me, resting his chin on his hand.

J: Hello. Do you know Daniel Preda?

I cleared my throat, glancing at him, realizing he was the doctor.

J: Yes. Yes I do.
J: Perfect...

I felt very uncomfortable as he put his hand on my shoulder. Something about this man was fishy. I observed his clothes. White scrubs, like a doctor would wear.

J: Are you the doctor?
J: I am, I'm Justin, also known as Doc.Sanders!

His hand crept up to my shoulder, making me raising it to my cheek, smashing his hand.

J: So what do you want.
J: I came here to talk about Daniel actually.

My eyes widened, and I sat up out of my seat.

J: IS HE OKAY?
J: Yes Joey, he is.

I sighed in relief, sitting back down.

J: It's just that-
J: Just what?
J: I don't know if I should tell you or not.

Justin gulped. What did he need to tell me? I saw him grin then grabbing me hand. He brought me down a dark hallway that was quite scary. The lights flickered as we walked to a room.

J: In here.

He switched on a light, in an old room which looked like it hadn't been touched in years. The wallpaper was peeled, and the place was covered in dust, and all that lit the room was the tiny lamp Justin lit.

J: Why did you bring me here? I want to see my boyfriend.

I sat down in a dusty chair with a black cushion. I took a deep breath.

J: You can see your boyfriend...

I smiled, then standing up to leave.

J: After I tell you why I brought you here.

I sighed in annoyance and sat back in the seat, waiting for Justin to tell me.

J: What do you possibly know about my boyfriend?!
J: I know a lot of things Joey.

I inched my seat closer to the door. I looked at him scared.

J: Are you ready?
J: Y-yes.
J: Okay.

I folded my legs in an awkward position.

J: So.. Daniel and I go way back.
J: You do?

I was confused. How did he know Daniel? How did Daniel know him?

J: It was in college, when my boyfriend Cameron and I were together in our house. We were cuddling on the couch you know having a great time.

I listened to the story leaving his mouth. This didn't make any sense to me. I stared at the wall trying to process how this related to Daniel.

J: Then Cameron got up because his phone buzzed from a text. He went outside leaving me on the couch alone, and I didn't know who he was texting.
He told me it was just "an old friend."

I twiddled with my fingers noticing Justin was sniffling and his eyes were red. He was started to cry.

J: And this relates to Daniel, how?

He raised a finger telling me to be quiet and wait.

J: He walked back inside, and I smiled at him and offered him to sit down. I haven't seen him almost every night due to him going to the frat house every night except for Friday's. He cuddled with me again, and you know.. We were kissing for like 5 minutes straight.

I was very uncomfortable, not only due to the story, but also because he was laughing his tears away. And the fact that I was in a dark abandoned room, with a guy I just met, also a doctor, in a hospital with no supervision, saying that he knows A LOT about my boyfriend. This is crazy.

J: As we were still kissing there was a knock on the door, but our lips stayed attached. Cameron said "come in" softly, and the door slowly opened. And this was the worst part.

His tears came back, and I rolled my eyes.

J: A boy was there, looking at my boyfriend sweetly. Our lips disconnected as Cameron mouthed to me "oh I'm sorry." Cameron, my sweet, loving, and kind boyfriend was cheating on me."

I shot him a confused look, furrowing my brow.

J: What the fuck does this have to do with Daniel?!!
J: Can't you see? Daniel was the boy!! You can't trust him!

My eyes once again teared up.

J: How d-did- how could Daniel not t-tell me?

Justin hugged me tightly, my tears dripping on his shoulder soaking his shirt.

J: It's okay Joey, I'm here.