t w e n t y t w o

joey

I rolled over on my side, and felt another tap against my shoulder. My eyes open revealing Daniel standing next to me fully dressed, his hair and nails done.

My body jumped at the sight, realizing I was dreaming.

D: Joey? I thought you were up!
J: W-what?

I sat up and scratched my head, blinded by the sunlight peeking through the windows.

It was just a dream.

D: My appointment-
J: Oh, yeah.. s-sorry.

I got up and quickly got dressed, not bothering taking a shower.

I slipped on my shoes and brushed my hair and teeth.

D: You ready now?
J: Yes Danny! Hold on.

I ran down the stairs meeting Daniel at the fridge and grabbed some juice for the car. My stomach was hurting, but not due to hunger, but anxiety. Today was the day we get answers.

I grabbed the keys and handed them to Daniel, we both had matching sweaters. We both were supporting Connor by wearing Common Culture©.

D: Let's go boy.

I followed him out making sure the door was secure so the dogs couldn't escape.

I sipped my juice out of my cup, making loud slurping noises.

D: Sippy Cup.
J: Stoppp!

I whined while grinning. He was so cute and so hot. I watched him as he walked to the car.

He opened the car door for me, like the kind gentleman he is.

J: Thank you, honey.
D: Your welcome bitch.

I turned around and looked at him with a playful offended look.

J: Excuse a- me.

He pecked my lips making me smile and I sat in the car. Daniel turned the key and started driving.

I turned on the radio, skipping through all the radio stations, all I could find was static and Adele.

Hello-
When We Were Young-
Static-
Hello-
Static-
Rolling in The Deep-

J: Holy Shit!
D: I know right. Ariana is under the seat.

I stared at him for a second realizing what he had meant, but I joked with him.

J: You kidnapped Ariana?!

Daniel smiled at me and reached under the seat, showing me a disc.

I inserted the disc laughing and putting it on Love Me Harder. I grabbed Daniel's hand.

J: I love you, you know that- right?
D: Yes Joey of course.
J: I really really love you, and I always will.
D: I love you too.

I squeezed his hand leaving tiny indents in his skin from my fingers.

The music was blasting, and the windows were down. Daniel's lilac hair and my dirty blonde hair waved as we flew by our surroundings.

We arrived at the hospital. I looked at the familiar large building with the same white pillars and red and blue flowers in the front parking lot.

As we walked in Daniel showed them his "member" pass, that he would use for quick and easy access.

X: Name please?
D: Daniel Preda.
X: Floor?
D: 3
X: Okay, thank you!

Daniel rolled his eyes and smiled at me, holding in a laugh.

J: What?

I giggled at him and continued to walk to the elevator.

D: That lady.
J: What about her?
D: I know her from college.

I gave him a surprised look, stopping us in the middle of the hallway.

J: You-
D: Yes, I went to college. Yes, I dropped out.

I covered my mouth, and scratched my arm.

J: I dropped out too.

I admitted it and looked at Daniel. I admired everything about him. His looks, his personality, everything.

J: So what was her name?

Daniel stood stroking his chin, thinking.

D: Ahh! I remember. Her name was Hope Kauffman. We were best friends.