t w e n t y

joey

I tightened my hand around the dog's leashes, anxiously watching Daniel spring towards me.

D: Go- Go Joey!
J: I- I don't want to leave y-you!

Suddenly Daniel's mom changed. She chugged half a bottle of vodka and the bottle flew across the air.

D: JOEY!!

I was coming right towards my face. My heart was beating out of my chest. Daniel caught the bottle and threw it on the floor. It resulted with a shatter.

I opened the door and let the dogs run. They were terrified and so were Daniel and I. Barks filled the outdoors.

DM: DANIEL PREDA!!

Daniel was still inside the house. I ran inside, seeing him on the ground in a ball, hugging his knees as his own mother tossed and chucked bottles at him.

J: S-stop he is your son! Y-you're h-hurting your s-son.

I yelled at her, scared. She turned her head giving Daniel time to get up off the floor. Another bottle aimed at me.

I smacked it in mid air and shattered it against the counter top.

D: RUN JOEY!
DM: Danny, come see Danny! I- I need to show you something.

Daniel grabbed my hand.

D: I will be okay.

I looked at him, my eyes tearing up. This was so scary. A little worse than my own mother. He ran back inside. I ran to the car, crossing my fingers hoping he would be okay.

I loaded the dogs in, as I heard them whining and panting.

J: It's okay, boys.

I stroked Wolf's soft fur and delicately pet the top of Storm's head.

The ringing and shattering of glass could be heard inside.

I looked at the house realizing a window was open. I felt terrified, my heart about to rip through my chest.

I ran up to the window, peaking in. I couldn't see Daniel, all I saw was his mother with a bottle in each hand. One in her mouth, and one reading to throw at Daniel.

I watched her look for him, until I finally saw where he was. He was under the couch, hiding.

Daniel saw me and moved his hand in a flapping motion signaling to me to go back to the car. I nodded my head and climbed through the window.

Daniel mouthed- no.

I stood up exposing my body, making Daniel's mom turn around, showing her tears. I dodged a bottle and ran to Daniel to help him from underneath the couch. I kissed him on the cheek and we both ran up the his mother and grabbed an arm.

After getting Daniel's mother calm, she was taken to rehab.

I sat on my new bed next to Daniel, staring into his eyes and lilac hair.

D: You're so hot.
J: I thought you were going to say cute.
D: I was, but you're hot too.

I blushed at him and climbed on top of his body, placing kisses up his neck.

J: And so are you.