s e v e n

daniel

My eyelids fluttered. I woke up to the sound of Joey snoring, which was adorable.

I started to move, towards the far end of the bed, without waking Joey.

I opened my drawer to grab some sweatpants. I slowly put them on, watching Joey twitch and mumble in his sleep.

Joey's switching continued, when I soon saw his eyes look directly at me.

D: Good morning beautiful.
J: Wh- what time is it?

I grabbed my golden watch off my dresser.

D: It's 10 o'clock.

Joey yawned in exhaustion. He stretched and stood up, and I looked at him, tilting my head.

D: You never did answer me. Guess you were to caught up in the kiss, hm?

Joey smiled and gave me a hug, our torsos against one another's.

J: I would love to be your boyfriend.

I gave him a shocked but bright smile.
I thought he was going to refuse. Especially after Preston.

Joey grabbed my hand and we walked to the kitchen.

D: Pancakes, eggs, sausage?
J: Whatever you want.
D: I'm asking you.
J: Whatever you want!
D: Joey! Don't make me come over there.
J: Come over here then.

He was asking for it. I walked over with a grin on my face holding up a fist, jokingly.

Joey grabbed a pillow and put it to his face, from what I thought was to "hide."

I removed the pillow to see him crying, him leaving tear stains on the pillow.

D: My love, what's the matter?
J: D-don't h-h-hurt m-me, pl-ease.
D: Joey I would never hurt you.

He wiped his tears. My heart ached. The second day of knowing each other and I already made him cry. Great, what a boyfriend I am.

J: Preston would a-always do- do that to m-me. Except h-he actually h-hit me.

I rubbed his forearm. Watching the tears spill.

D: I-I'm so sor-

I was interrupted by Joey. He grabbed the now tear stained pillow and swung it at me knocking me over.

D: WHAT THE-

Joey was laughing, and pointing his index finger at my body lying on the floor.

J: I gotcha good, didn't I?
D: Haha very funny.
J: I'm a great actor, hehe.
D: Seriously Joey, I thought you were actually crying. Don't do that to me ever again. That hurt me.

I got up off the floor, gripping the carpet and sat next to Joey.

J: It was just a pillow, you crybaby.
D: No. You hurt my heart Joey.

I laughed even though it wasn't that amusing.

J: I'm sorry.

Joey looked at me, and made a puppy dog face.

D: YOU'RE CUTE.
J: You keep saying that.
D: It's cause it's true.

I winked at him, and held his hand, and we walked to the island, in the kitchen.

D: Now, answer my question, or I will punch you.
J: Uh- uh. OMELETS.

I served Joey and I our omelets with shallots, peppers, and mushrooms.

Joey took the first bite.

J: This is really good Daniel. Glad to know my new boyfriend can cook, and not order Chinese Food every night after beating me up.

I swallowed my egg, in disappointment. It was so sad to me, to think that Joey went through all of that.

D: And I'm glad my new boyfriend is safe now.

Joey simpered.

D: And I'm glad my new boyfriend knows how to properly cuddle.

I winked at Joey and took another bite of egg, soon finishing my plate.

J: What are we doing today?
D: I don't know, what do you wanna do?
J: Ooh we could go to the park and go biking. I've always wanted to go, but Preston would always say no to my suggestions.
D: The park sounds fun, but I don't have a bike.

Joey pouted, but then his facial expressions changed and his face brightened.

J: TROYE HAS A BIKE.
D: Do you think he'll mind?
J: No, not at all. But,

Joey paused making me worried. My stomach was turning.

D: But what Joey?
J: He doesn't know I am- dating you.
D: Are you going to tell him?
J: No.

I was confused. Why wouldn't you tell your best friend that you were dating someone?

D: Why not.
J: Because he gets over protective. He always asks me a thousand questions before I go on a date. Or sometimes he calls me non stop if I don't come back home before tw-

Joey's eyes widened, and he ran to my bedroom.

D: Joey?
J: Hold on.

He ran back out and sat down scrolling on his phone.

J: 69 missed calls and 93 unread text messages.
D: From who?!!

There was another moment of silence. Again, I was surrounded by the quiet.

Joey looked at me.

J: From Troye.