1: Day

I wake up from an unexpected dream. My mind seems to be playing tricks with my own thoughts and of what I clearly know as of now. The only thing that really troubles me is how time flies so fast.

I know deep down that I've already overcome my greatest fears. I've lost Mom, Dad and John for unknown reasons. I know that it may be cause by the Republic but who is the very one responsible for their death is something I don't want to know as of now.

I hate the Republic, yes. But whatever fault they have in the past is something that have already healed in time until now.

I remember every memory of my childhood, every piece of it. But the moment that I woke up in that hospital bed ten years ago, I can feel a deep scar in my heart. It is like it was ripped open and the feeling was gone. And until few hours later that I gain consciousness, a Republic girl with long dark hair tied up in a high tight ponytail and eyes of brown with gold flecks enter in, asking me if I do know her.

And all the reply I've given her is that, Should I even know you?

For the briefest second at that point, I wanted to return the words. I shouldn't even ask her about it. I know at the back of my mind that, I know her. Sadly to say, I just don't know if the thought that I have that moment is something I wanted to unveil and know.

Maybe it was just a hypocrite thought at that point.

Yet, I've been observing her very carefully at that time. I saw how she flinches and keep her feet stable to the ground as if anytime at the duration of our talk, she'll faint and feel her legs vanish below her. I know that I've done something that I should take back.

Yet, can she hate me for that?

I just simply don't know her.

And when she leaves with a simple nod, I know back then that there's something about her, a fog too dull and blurred to figure out what's it.

I vow that the next time we meet, I'll try to lift that fog out just to know what she is to me.

Today's dream is odd.

I haven't had another dream or nightmare since the past ten years because there's nothing to worry. But for this day, it is indeed troublesome and leave me thinking.

In the dream, I saw a girl with dark locks of hair, tied neatly in a high ponytail and we're together. In that dream, I could tell that she is my girlfriend. And we did something. We kissed each other on that scene.

And that's when it ended.

I would admit to myself that I've kissed a lot of girls back then. I know. But for the past ten years, I haven't, even a single one. It's just that everywhere I look or even if I just stare at a certain girl around my age, I seem to think of another one. It's like a spitting image of that girl seems to blend in with the one that I just look at.

I glance at Eden and I made a silent thanks for a minute when I noticed that I didn't wake up Eden who is sleeping soundlessly and peacefully on the bed next to mine. It's been ten years as well that I've been here in Ross City with him. And today, our arrival back to Los Angeles is expected by the whole Republic.

I am to be with Eden there. Permanently. Since my medications were finally all done and Eden is hired for the Engineering position in Batalla.

Eden is all I have left and I won't even dare if I'll lose him. That's why, where he goes, I go, and vice versa.

I get up from my bed and walk-in to the simulation room, a cylindrical corner on every room around Ross. Counting this time, this will be my second time to walk-in and use it again.

The same voice echoes when the door silently close. "Welcome to the simulation room, Daniel Altan Wing. Your current virtual score is 1,295. What can I find for you, Daniel?"

The first time that I've arrived here with Eden in Antartica, I know that it takes me some months to get used with the voices and simulations and the numbers appearing in every item and in every person's head. They are like digits that appears just above each thing around. When you do something good, you earn points. And when you don't, you lose some as well.

And also the first time that I use the simulation room is a nightmare. I've conducted a research about the Plague that takes ten years ago as well. It's when the doctors seem to let me know what is behind the plague that I'm forced to swear to myself that I'll never be in one again. I've seen pictures and read articles that involved it and I really don't want to share what I see to anyone. It's like if I try, I'll just remember them again on how I really saw them.

But would it hurt again this time if I try to run a search? Of course, with a different topic of search this time. But the question is, what is the thing that I want to search? Is there something any interesting thing to learn and find out?

Maybe, I can search about who I really am. Given the fact that there might be things that I have lost, the memories that were gone the moment I woke up again ten days ago. Maybe... it may even involve the same girl as well.

"Daniel Altan Wing," I replied, softly.

In a matter of seconds, the room starts to be filled with floating images. Some pictures show recent pictures of me with Eden here in Antartica. But most pictures are... strangely new to me.

One example is the criminal record of a guy named 'Day'. I don't know him. I don't even think that he is related to me... is it? Another is a guy with long blonde hair, face dirty with grease and dust, standing across a huge crowd of people. And the other is, the same long haired guy with the Elector and a girl with dark hair tied in a high tight ponytail.

I stare long enough at it for the system to say automatically, "In this picture, Daniel Altan Wing posed with Anden Stravropoulos, the current Elector Primo of the Republic of America, and one of the Princeps-Elect in training, June Iparis, ten years ago before the war between the Republic and Colonies happen."

Seriously?

The long blonde hair dude is me with the Elector?

This is a joke.

But then I remember. Ten years ago when I woke up, the same girl enters in my hospital room to ask if I've known her. In today's dream, the hair of the girl I'm with and kiss has the same shade and style as hers.

June Iparis...

Who are you?