12: June

I don't know if what I said regarding the plotted assassination is real enough. I don't want to come to conclusion that it needs to get to this point. But I guess, given the scenario that I and Day were attacked on a very calculated way, where there was only a small room for escape and yet the man was able to find a way to do so... with a warning of debts that were yet to be paid.

Who would not think of it as an assassination warning, right?

Well, those people should know that I am not like a person who will take chances and just brush off those haunting words, thinking that it was just a coincidence that they were sent to either I or Day.

It was done purposely, flawless and planned. End of story.

"How can you be so sure about it, Commander Iparis?" Anden asks as he cocks an eyebrow at me, inspecting if Day probably will come to my rescue and answer the question.

I don't wait for Day to reply. The question is for me to answer. "I would not say that a certain group of people were trying to ask for payments over our debts to them if it were not the real case, Elector."

I know that given the fact that I've been in the position of Commander for a couple of years, Anden is used to my sarcastic talking. He knows that I will have such sarcasm on my voice over the matters I want addressed right away, with a clarified and clean solution.

He sighs. "Guess, you could say that they were the Colonies perhaps?"

It is then that Day immediately replies before I can, "No, Elector." I can see Day is trying to hide the fear and worry in his voice now, trying to keep what happened a secret even if it is already out in the open for Anden to see and investigate right away. If it hadn't been for the sleeve of Day's coat, Anden would probably have asked right away what happened with that bandaged arm. But it is hidden from his view. If I only hadn't mentioned what happened last night, Day would certainly or probably have forgotten about it already. "I guess, it was just normal to come across people that will try to kill us, since I and Ms. Iparis here are The Republic's celebrities. Or maybe, they were just mistaking us with someone else."

"I don't see the coincidence in the attack, Mr. Wing," I immediately blurt out, shaking Day with the sudden rush of word and my hard, fast tone which makes him and Anden - whom I know is seeing Day and I talking again on a certain fight we had ten years ago - jump a little.

Anden probably remembers how I'd kept my mouth shut ten years ago, as he and Day fought each other with words regarding the evacuation arrangements of the Denver elites and those who lived in the slums, wherein he lost after Day said that Anden would have a civil war with Day leading the opposing side if the people living in the slums didn't get to safety right away like the elites would. Wherein on that matter, I openly saw that both of them were right, and Day had the higher chance with reality.

"The point wherein that strange man told us that our debts were yet to be paid, means that we are the ones haunted, don't you think so? We are not the last two people to encounter such a threat, after what we've done to bring and build the Republic strong enough for the people to support the Elector!" I add.

Day doesn't heighten his anger if it is slowly heating up inside him as well. "I don't want to think of it that way, Ms. Iparis. Your point doesn't mean that there is this group that is trying to kill the two of us. For it to happen only upon my arrival only means that I am the only one whom they plot to assassinate and I have this certain debt against them that they should know I don't remember."

"See? I, who had been with you those ten years ago before you lost them, am the only person who would know that you have this debt yet to be paid. And I, who had been with you during those incidents, would have even the tiniest of idea who these people are!"

I see Day flinching, surprised with the words that I suddenly told him. I almost forget that we are in Anden's office and he gets to be a witness of how I threw up words of my past with Day in Day's presence. Even though I know for myself that saying everything all at once will end up getting him more troubled with his past.

Even if Anden wants to say something, he doesn't allow himself to say it to either I or Day. He let Day have some time to think how to react to my sudden outburst.

"What do you mean... ten years ago... I... uhm," Day mutters and removes his eyes from me to look onto somewhere afar, any other thing on this room except for me.

I don't realize the threatening quiver in my voice when I try to speak more and I even don't know that tears are slowly building up on the edges of my eyes. I don't even realize that I want Day to know everything right now so that I can finally tell him that I've never stopped loving him, that even for the single moment of my life for the past ten years, I haven't stopped thinking about him, haven't stopped dreaming that he is also thinking about me, haven't stopped believing that he'll remember me.

"Elector, I beg that you may excuse me," I state as I turn away from them and out of the room.

When I'm finally out of the room and on this empty hallway, I want to run. I want to cry on my own and not care about the world. The walls and windows of this hallway only makes me feel suffocated. I think they are caving in towards me, to trap me in and make me think I'll never find my own way out of this labyrinth.

Instead, I sink to sit still, leaning on the wall next to the door and covering my mouth as I try to hinder the tears, which is now falling down my cheeks fast enough that I can't stop them - and the sobs that slowly erupt from me.

I want to shout about the things that I may never share with Day but I can't. I don't have the courage and voice to do so. I won't allow myself to be the one to tell him words that I know that will make him hate me, words that will make him remember what I did to him, words that will put him further from me than usual. I can't open his old wounds up once again because of my own voice and of my own urge to make him remember.

Worse is that, I can't answer the questions that I know for sure will surely follow after all my narrations to him.

I can only trust two people now to let Day know. I can't keep him unaware of everything. I want him to know the truth already. And since I can't be the one to let him know about those memories of us, I need to let other people tell him about it.

I click on my microphone and hope that Eden will answer my call. Happily he does. "Eden, I need your help. I hope it won't be too hard to beg regarding this matter."

* * *

A/N: Guys, I need your help. Kindly see, read, subscribe, comment and liked my works in tapas. Will you? Please? If you do, find me in tapas as Sydney Flaire. Doing so is a huge help to me! Thank you so much! 😊❤️