1~ BLANK PROMISE

Well some days unlike the regular monotonous ones are different....and some amongst those "Some days" become so different that you don't even realize what's coming next.....

You have to make promises which you never wanted to and spend your life with N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E-S

Well do you believe in monsters?! Have you met any?!

I have!! And let me remind you...they are hell scary!! My life has a big one. You'll meet it soon.

Time for some introduction.

I am Nandini.

One small, simple and innocent creature in this huge city. Mumbai . I have been working for the Malhotra Industries as their CEO for the last 3 years but still I barely have friends in here, even though two out of my three bosses are on my side and ya my best friend Abhimanyu works with me here too. This is all I have in my world.

No family. Amma appa died when I was 10 and Amms left me last year. Well Chachi is there but she too is suffering from severe heart problems after Chacha and Rishab (my brother) died. I know she'll leave me soon and all I'll be left with is their pictures and memories.

Anyways.

I was sitting on the chair in my cabin with various files scattered here and there. The sales and profit had marginally decreased but nevertheless I knew we would cover it up soon. I was engrossed in my work when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said without looking up

"Ahmmmn Ms. Nandini"

I stood up immediately recognizing the voice.

"Sir"

I immediately left my chair as he made his way to it.

Arav Malhotra. The President of the Malhotra Industries.

He sat on my chair and I made my way to the opposite side of my table...

"Everything alright sir?!" I asked concerned.

"Ummn ya..."

I smiled.

"Well Nandini.... I want you to do me a favour"

"Yes Sir"

"Well I trust you completely on the job you do...and I know you are one of the best assets our company has recruited and I'm glad we did...You are efficient and hard working....."

I looked at him blankly. I knew he preferred me but this.....this was new. Never had he ever praised me like this. I knew something was wrong. I wanted him to tell it to me, straight.

Was he going to fire me?! But why!

I saw him standing up.

"God!! This is so difficult......Okay now...let me get straight to it"

His words made me shiver a bit.

"Nandini.....I want you....I want you to marry my son!!"

The words came like a thunderclap to my ears.

"What?!" I literally yelled.

"Calm down kid......"

He walked towards me. I felt his hands on my shoulders.

"Kid...this is important..."

"Sir ...me and him....we just.."

"Nandini...he is going on the wrong track...and I need some one to hold him back and bring him on the right way...."

"But sir he already has a girlfriend and seems so in love with her!!"

"Ohh please....everyone knows why she sticks to him.....leave her at the moment....Nandini..will you do me this favour?!"

"But sir...he hates me..and I don't like him either"

He left my shoulders

"Nandini...even Nyonika used to hate you...but now...you have her on your side too!!"

"Sir....but...why me?!"

"Nandini...I give my people the best...and you..you are the best..he could ever get.....and also...if you remember you have given me a "BLANK PROMISE" the first day you had joined.....so Nandini..I want you to promise me that..you'll marry my son"

I looked at him. I had no other choice.

"But sir....he'll never agree!!"

"Leave that to me..... will you marry him... Nandini?!"

I smiled. What else could I do?!

"Good girl!!"

He patted on my shoulder and left.

I sat down with a thud.

"This was all so quick.....I have to get married...and that too to that...arrrgh!!"

I dialled Abhimanyu's number on the intercom

"Abhi.......I'll go mad.....come to my cabin at once"

The door to my cabin opened exactly after five minutes. I saw Abhi enter the room.

"What happened bestie"

"Abhi..you know what you were right?!"

"I am always...."

I made a face.

"Not funny"

"What's cooking" he said taking the glass of water from my table.

"Marriage!!"

"What!!..whose??" he said literally spitting out the water.

I stood up.

"Mine"

"Kiske saath?!"

"Arav sir ke bete ke saath!!"

"What?!"

I told him the whole story.

Abhi burst out laughing.

"What's so funny...."

"Like Nandini...each time..why is it you?!"

I agreed. Anything and everything that happened, I was always involved.

"I don't know...but this..this is heights!!" I said all frustrated.

"Chill ..... you had to say a yes...doesn't mean he will too...."

"I hope so"

A/ N:

Okay so guys, I really hope you all enjoyed reading. I have really been working on this story and I hope it works(fingers crossed).

Do comment and vote (If you liked)

Cheers <3 .

And ya Cover credits to my Twitter Bestie supriya_nikki (Thank sweetie <3)