25~ Falling for the wrong (B)

I was kind of fixed to where I stood with the sight in front of us. I could see the growing anger in the eyes of the opposite.

"What a pleasant surprise! "

I saw Manik look down.

"I ..... I can explain..... Its not how it seems....Alya.... "

"What is it Manik... Tell me.... " she said folding her arms.

"I..... Ummmn...... I..... She.... We were..... Going.... To the car... "

"Really!! But I see your car parked there in front of the office building.... " she said in the most facetious tone.

"Ummm..... Alya... " I said in support but Manik gave me a death glare and asked me to shut up immediately.

"Ahhh... These days she's taking you side too... "

Damn, this girl! Okay I get it that it feels really weird and betrayed to see your boyfriend dragging another girl into an empty parking lot. But it was not that we were doing something wrong. What was need to freak out so much... And her satirical tone, that was all the more irritating. She seemed to mocking anything and everything Manik tried to say!

"Alya listen to me.... "

And she broke down with that! God!! Crocodile tears. Like at first she was faking love and now this. I felt neither sympathy nor empathy for her. But I don't know why, Manik did. He really did love her, it seemed. He started apologizing for I don't know what. Like we were not caught kissing or something!! I looked at Manik , his back actually.

"You are a jerk!! " she screamed wiping her tears and pushed him, making her way out of there.

I finally turned facing me after his "girlfriend" left.

"Manik..... " I tried speaking, but he scared the hell out of me with that look on his face. His eyes were burning with anger.

"Gaari mein byatho! " he said and walked in the direction of the car and I followed.

.

.

.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was loosing it now! Helping or even making an attempt to help an individual just to ensure their safety turned out to be such a mess. That damn Nandini! Why cant she just let me be??! She would have been in a mess again if she walked down that road and that idiot started giving be attitude because "I was trying to help! " as soon as she came out of the building. And finally when she had decided she wouldn't go with me I decided to make her taste her own medicine and dragged her into the parking lot. Not that wanted to physically harm or corner her!

"Manik.... "

She broke my trance and I looked at her, driving as fast as possible . I ignored. These days she was getting too much on my nerves.

I tired making no conversation with her. She wasn't worth that even.

.

.

.
~~~~~~~~~~

I really didn't understand his problem!! What was my fault, if his girlfriend comes out of nowhere?! He just needed a chance to make me feel guilty.

I sat down on the bed with all these thoughts. I had already freshened up and changed into my PJs and decided getting back to finishing those files.

I sat on the bed and just as I had started getting involved I heard something break.

"What now!! "

I went outside to find the entire hall dark , which was all the more unusual.

"Yeh ..... Lights kuyn off hai?! "

I walked into the darkness and soon my eyes caught the lighted space on the room up stairs~ Manik's room.

I went up quickly, curious enough to know the scenario.

I found him talking to himself. He was sort of cursing and the whole of his bedroom was messed up. The bed cover lay on the floor. There were broken pieces of glass all over. The lamp was down on the ground and so were those books on music. In a nutshell like a mentioned, it was a complete mess. I was busy relating stuff when I realised he was coming in my direction.

"Ooooh..... Look who's here!! " he said pulling me inside the boundary of his room. I looked at him. He had blood shot eyes. I was yet again sacred but I knew how to deal.

"Manik... Leave me!! "

But he didn't. He pulled me closer and I crashed on his chest while he twisted my right hand behind my back.

"Arre... You are... My wife!!!... Itna toh hai na haaak mujhe tumpe?... Ms. Oops... Mrs. Nandini Malhotra!! "

What did he just say?! Has he like forgotten that we were taking a divorce!! I looked into his eyes and I realised the proximity between us nullifying with each second.

"Manik.. Leave me?! "

"Kuyn??!!... You wanted this right?! " he said with a smirk.

"Manik..... Are you drunk!!!... What the" but he cut me off in between.

"Yes!!!... I'm drunk.... But you.... You should be happy right!! " he said wrapping his other hand around my waist while the other which had twisted my hand left its position and was now, busy playing with those tresses of hair falling on my face.

"Don't" I said in vexation but he wouldn't stop.

"You should be happy na Nandini? " he said raising his brows.

"What?! "

"Arey.... Yehi toh tum chahti thi na?! "

"Manik choro mujhe... " I said trying to push him but I landed yet more closer to him.

"Alya bhi Abb mujhse break up karlegi... Phir fab five toot jayega.... And then I'll be miserable.. Yehi Toh tumhara plan tha na!!.... Ussilye shaddi ki thi na!! "

I couldn't believe his words!! He thought so low of me?

"Manik.... You have lost it!! And Alya... Woh kaam wapas aa jayegi! "

"Aahh...I have lost it! ..... You won... Happy? "

"Manik... Kya bol... " I stopped abruptly as I found his face coming closer to mine. I tried pulling back but he had me in his grip. I found his hand already on my face and before I could react he had fused his lips with mine. I could taste the liquor on his lips. This was a first for me and I was about to respond but he pushed me hard, real hard.

I fell on the floor outside his room. My leg hurt badly. I tried getting up but no! My ankle had sprained from the fall.

"You don't deserve better than this! " he said and slammed the door on my face.

A/N:
Do comment and vote.
Adiós 😄